Alcohol and Substance Misuse Support Southend-on-Sea
Location of contract
Value of contract
06 January 2017
08 February 2017
Contract start date
01 April 2017
Contract end date
31 March 2020
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council is inviting expressions of interest for the provision of support for Alcohol and Substance Misuse in the Night Time Economy.
Southend-on-Sea is a large urban conurbation and seaside town with a vibrant night time economy of pubs and clubs. However, this environment brings higher levels of alcohol consumption, increased levels of risk-taking behaviour, alcohol and substance misuse, accidental injury, and violent crime.
The Provider will deliver the Service to meet the following Key Service Outcomes each year:
• Provision of support in the night time economy from 10pm-5am every Friday and Saturday night (minimum of 103 sessions)
• Provision of support for an additional 16 sessions (up to 7 hours per session), as identified by the Council
• Provision of at least 40 volunteering opportunities per annum, with comprehensive CPD packages and appropriate on-going supervision and support.
The provision of support will include, but not be limited to:
• A responsive triage service leading to onward referral or any of the below;
• The provision of first aid
• Support to get people home safely (or to an alternative safe place)
• Brief interventions on a range of relevant topics such as personal safety and alcohol
• The provision of clothing/shoes
• The provision of condoms
The aim of The Service is to improve support to those who have become vulnerable in the night time economy after alcohol or substance misuse. The primary aim is to provide immediate/short term support (e.g. first aid), however when appropriate opportunities to provide information and sign-posting to other support can prevent further harm.
The contract term will run for 2 years from 1st April 2017 – 31st March 2019 with an option to extend for an additional period of 12 months. The latest expiry date of the contract will be 31st March 2020.
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council welcomes submissions from all organisational types, including the Third Sector.
The annual contract value will be capped at a maximum of no more than £34,000. The maximum total contract value would be a maximum of £102,000 (including the possible extension.)
If you wish to tender for the above requirement, please register on https://procurement.southend.gov.uk/southend/portal.nsf/index.htm
Closing date for technical and commercial tender submission is Wednesday 8th February 2017 at 12 NOON.
About the buyer
Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue
Link to the procurement portal to access the tender documents
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided.