Approved Provider List for the Provision of Personalised Learning Pathways for Young People with Complex Needs
Application to be appointed to an Approved Provider List for the provision of Personalised Learning Pathways for Young People with Complex Needs (High Needs Learners) and Community Learning for People aged 19 and over.
- North Yorkshire County Council
- Application to be appointed to an Approved Provider List for the provision of Personalised Learning Pathways for Young People with Complex Needs (High Needs Learners) and Community Learning for People aged 19 and over
- North Yorkshire County Council (NYCC) is due to commence a procurement exercise in relation to the future arrangements for the delivery of Personalised Learning Pathways (PLP) for Young People with Complex Needs (High Needs Learners), and Community Learning for people aged 19 and over, via the implementation of an Approved Provider List.
NYCC will be hosting a provider engagement event where potential Service Providers will have the opportunity to understand the context and drivers for this procurement, and to gain a better understanding of the procurement process and tender documentation. You will also have an opportunity to meet some of the Council Officers who are involved in this project.
The new arrangements will consist of the following lots:-
LOT 1 – The Provision of Personalised Learning Pathways for Young People with Complex Needs (High Needs Learners)
The Lot 1 provision is targeted at those high needs learners up to the age of 25 who have complex learning needs. The purpose of a PLP is to enable young people to progress to learning that will lead to independent living, community participation and/or employment wherever possible. This is achieved by identifying the learner’s needs, the right support and the appropriate provision. These pathways are learner-centred and delivered in partnership by a range of providers in order to ensure that the individual needs of young people are met within the local community.
Each pathway is specific to the individual and could include a range of learning opportunities specifically designed to support the young person achieve their identified outcomes within their agreed pathway. These could include specialist training and learning sessions such as:• Preparation for Employment;
• Cycling Proficiency;
• Music Therapy
• Art Therapy;
• Sensory Communication;
• Intensive Interaction;
• Sexuality and Personal Relationships;
• Travel training;
• Intensive independent living skills.
LOT 2 – Community Learning for People aged 19 and over
Lot 2 will deliver a community learning provision which supports wider government policies including localism, social justice, stronger families, digital inclusion and social mobility. The aim of this service is to deliver a community learning provision which is inclusive and meets the needs and reasonable aspirations of learner groups that are currently under-represented in learning, including but not limited to:
• Those living in the most rural parts of the county;
• Provision for people with learning difficulties and/or disabilities including adults with mental health issues;
• Provision that will impact positively on people’s quality of life, health and well-being;
• Older adults;
• Adults from black and minority ethnic backgrounds.
The provider engagement event will be held in Northallerton, at the Allerton Court Hotel, from 10:00 – 12:00on Wednesday 21st January 2015. A maximum of two representatives from each interested organisation may attend. Spaces are limited and will be allocated on a “first come first served” basis.
Detailed notes of the event, including any clarifications will be issued to all interested Providers following the event, along with a copy of the Power Point Presentation delivered. This will be provided electronically within 2 working days of the event.
The agenda for the event is as follows:
10:00 – Registration / Tea and Coffee
10:30 – Lot 1 Vision & Overview
10:45 – Lot 2 Vision & Overview
11:00 – Procurement Process
11:30 – Questions
12:00 – Close and depart
Please note that tender papers will be released prior to this event and should be reviewed thoroughly before attendance is confirmed. Providers will be able to confirm their attendance from the 16th January 2015. After this date, please confirm your interest in attending, sending the name of the delegate who will attend toJennifer.Holbird@northyorks.gov.uk
- Miss Jennifer Holbird
- Email Address:
- +44 1609798523
- 23/12/2014 13:10
- 19/01/2015 14:00
- 12 (months)
- 12 (months)
- Express an interest online