Architectural Consultancy Services for a Complete Design Service
Halton Borough Council seeks to commission a Consultant from an RICS or RIBA regulated Consultancy Practice to carry out complete design services for Capital works and Planned Repairs and Maintenance projects across the Council’s portfolio of properties utilising the skills of Architects, Building Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers.
United Kingdom-Widnes: Construction consultancy services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Halton Borough Council
Kingsway House c/o Municipal Building, Kingsway
Contact point(s): Procurement
For the attention of: Alex Blackburn
WA8 7QF Widnes
Telephone: +44 1515117769
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.mytenders.org/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA1966
Electronic access to information: www.the-chest.org.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.the-chest.org.uk
Further information can be obtained from: www.the-chest.org.uk
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: www.the-chest.org.uk
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: www.the-chest.org.uk
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 12: Architectural services; engineering services and integrated engineering services; urban planning and landscape engineering services; related scientific and technical consulting services; technical testing and analysis services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Halton.
NUTS code UK
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The consultancy will be required to provide a full range of services for the Council for a period of three years with the option to extend this for up to two further periods of 12 months each to be awarded at the discretion of the Council.
All tenderers must register as a supplier and register an interest in this tender at www.the-chest.org.uk to be considered for this tender. All tender documentation will be published and will need to be submitted electronically at www.the-chest.org.uk
NOTE: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the myTenders Web Site athttp://www.myTenders.org/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=116400.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
71530000, 71318000, 71320000, 71321000, 71333000, 71334000, 71000000, 71310000, 71324000, 71251000, 71315300, 71200000, 71312000,71250000, 79415200
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
The contract will be for a 3 year period with the possibility of up to two extensions of up to 12 months each to be awarded at the discretion of the Council.
Estimated value excluding VAT: 570 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: The Council may offer up to two extensions of the Contract Period by a period of up to one year each. Notice shall be given no later than three months before the expiry of the initial term of three years. Where the Contract term is extended under this provision the Contract shall be so extended on the same terms as this Contract.
Contract value has been stated as 570 000 GBP. This is an estimate as this is a call off contract and is based on the initial three year term. The estimated value would increase to potentially 760 000 GBP if one extension was offered and potentially 950 000 GBP if both extensions were offered.
II.2.3)Information about renewals
Number of possible renewals: 2
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
As specified in the tender documentation which will be available at www.the-chest.org.uk.
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
As specified in the tender documents which will be available at www.the-chest.org.uk.
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
The performance of the contract is subject to particular conditions: yes
Description of particular conditions: As specified in the tender documentation which will be available at www.the-chest.org.uk.
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: (1) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
A financial check will be undertaken on Limited Companies expressing an interest in this tender. Details can be found in the online Pre Qualification Questionnaire at www.the-chest.org.uk
Financial information will be required from organisations who are not Limited Companies or who have formed within the last 2 years. Details can be found in the online Pre Qualification Questionnaire at www.the-chest.org.uk
Tenderers will be asked to provide three examples detailing any similar business activities within the past three (3) years, which demonstrate experience and expertise in services of a similar size and nature to this contract.
Tenderers will also be asked for evidence of any recognised Quality Assurance Standards or relevant details of any measures undertaken to ensure
— Customer Care
— Continuous Improvement.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Based on highest PQQ scores.
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: Dependent upon whether the 2 x 12 month extension options are used. If not, approximate notice date would be March 2017. If one extension is used – approx. March 2018. If both extension options are used – approx. March 2019.
Halton Borough Council will be using The Chest (an online tendering system) hosted by Due North for this tender.
All tenderers must register as a supplier and express an interest at https://www.the-chest.org.uk to be considered for this tender.
All tender documentation will be made available to tenderers on The Chest and must be returned to Halton Borough Council electronically via The Chest.
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
Halton Borough Council, Municipal Building, Kingsway
WA8 7QF Widnes
Telephone: +44 3033334300
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: