Building Cleaning Tender Edinburgh
The Scope of Contract is the provision of Cleaning and Support Services for the Craighall Campus.
United Kingdom-Edinburgh: Building and facilities management services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
University Of Edinburgh
Charles Stewart House, 9-16 Chambers Street
Contact point(s): The Procurement Office
For the attention of: Stuart Mclean
EH1 1HT Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 1316502508
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/procurement/supplying
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00107
Electronic access to information: https://in-tendhost.co.uk/edinburghuni
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: https://in-tendhost.co.uk/edinburghuni
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: yes
Queen Margaret University
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 14: Building-cleaning services and property management services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Queen Margaret University Campus Queen Margaret Dr, Edinburgh EH21 6UU
NUTS code UK
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
The deadline for receipt of your completed PQQ and supplementary information is no later than 12:00 HOURS ON THE 6th June 2014.
OVERVIEW OF PROCUREMENT EXERCISE
As a first step to awarding the FM contract, this PQQ has been drafted in order to assess the quality of the companies who are seeking the appointment.
The pre-qualification is marked out of 100 and as a minimum the highest 5 companies will be invited to tender. Further information will be detailed within the invitation to tender document at the next stage.
The criteria to be used in this PQQ is detailed in the document itself.
How to obtain the Pre – Qualification Questionnaire for project reference EC/635/QMU Cleaning and Support Services
The University of Edinburgh operates an e-tendering system (Intend) Please note the following important points:-
System support is available from:-
Tel: +44 (0) 01332 869400
Suppliers will be provided with a link to our e-procurement hosting service at:
Once logged onto the site, suppliers can download the PQQ from a secure and confidential e-tender site.
Suppliers will be able to upload their PQQ details back onto the site. No other parties can view your documents, apart from The University of Edinburgh and or other parties nominated by the University of Edinburgh, following the official closing time and date. All responses shall be in Microsoft or Adobe compatible format via the electronic tendering system.
The purpose of this PQQ (pre-qualification questionnaire) is to allow QMU (Queen Margaret University) to identify a number of suitably qualified and experienced organisations who will be invited to tender to provide Cleaning and related Support Services services for QMU.
After the PQQ exercise has been completed QMU will seek to tender FM contract delivery for provision Cleaning and related Support Services throughout the campus.
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 250 000 and 300 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years.
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(5) Certificates drawn up by official quality control institutes or agencies of recognised competence attesting the conformity of products clearly identified by references to specifications or standards.
(6) Samples, descriptions and/or photographs, the authenticity of which must be certified if the contracting authority so requests.
(7) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided.
(8) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures;
(9) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities;
(10) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(11) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(12) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
(13) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: As detailed in the PQQ documentation.
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: Per 3-5 year.
Further information will be made available at invitation to tender stage.
The University of Edinburgh is acting on behalf of Queen Margaret University (SC ref; 67737).
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: