Building Management Services for North Lanarkshire Council
The council, in conjunction with North Lanarkshire Properties LLP, is seeking to appoint a single contractor to undertake the building management services of 5 buildings.
United Kingdom-Motherwell: Building and facilities management services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
North Lanarkshire Council
Civic Centre, Windmillhill Street
For the attention of: The Executive Director Corporate Services
ML1 1AB Motherwell
Telephone: +44 1698302222
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.northlanarkshire.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00010
Electronic access to information: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: North Lanarkshire Properties LLP
Fleming House, 2 Tryst Road
For the attention of: Angela Woodburn
G67 1JW Cumbernauld
Telephone: +44 1236632606
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: North Lanarkshire Properties LLP
Fleming House, 2 Tryst Road
For the attention of: Angela Woodburn
G67 1JW Cumbernauld
Telephone: +44 1236632606
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 14: Building-cleaning services and property management services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: North Lanarkshire.
NUTS code UKM36
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
— Buchanan Centre, 126-130 Main Street, Coatbridge;
— Airdrie Business Centre, Airdrie;
— Fleming House, 2 Tryst Road, Cumbernauld;
— Dalziel Building, 7 Scott Street, Motherwell; and
— Enterprise House, Dalziel Street, Motherwell.
The wide range of occupiers and uses creates a challenging management environment and in order to deal with this efficiently and ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of the buildings, our experience shows that a single point of authority is required for each building. This will ensure that proper attention is given to the operation of these prestigious facilities allowing the public to access the services provided and meeting the expectations and business needs of the private sector tenants. The contractor’s role in meeting these service expectations will involve providing staff for the day-to-day operation and management of the aforementioned buildings. This will include providing building managers, staff for reception and other front of house tasks, and certain care-taking duties. Day-to-day management responsibilities will include the implementation of fire, and health and safety and other statutory regulations and liaison with other council contractors and the council’s Corporate Property and Procurement for building maintenance issues.
Note: to register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the public contracts scotland web site athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/search_switch.aspx?ID=345307
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
The estimated total value of the contract including extensions is 1 800 000 GBP.
Note: the above sum is comprised of an estimated contract value of 1 500 000 GBP for the buildings identified in the tender documentation plus a contingency amount of 300 000 GBP to allow the council in its own discretion, to add additional premises to the contract by negotiation with the contractor.
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 1 500 000 and 1 800 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: Pursuant to Regulations 14(1)(d) (ii) and 14(5) of the Public Contracts (Scotland) Regulations 2012, notification is given that contracts for new work, works or services which would be a repetition of the work or works carried out or the services provided under the contract relating to this contract notice may be awarded using the negotiated procedure in accordance with Regulation 14(1)(d)(ii) (subject to the procedure for such award being commenced within 3 years of relevant contract relating to this notice being entered into).
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
Description of particular conditions: The successful contractor and its supply chain will be required to actively participate in the achievement of social, environmental and/or sustainability policy objectives relating to local regeneration, social and economic growth, recruitment, employment and training and supply chain initiatives. Accordingly contract performance conditions and evaluation criteria may relate in particular to social and environmental considerations. Details will be set out in the Invitation To Tender.
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years.
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(5) Certificates drawn up by official quality control institutes or agencies of recognised competence attesting the conformity of products clearly identified by references to specifications or standards.
(6) Samples, descriptions and/or photographs, the authenticity of which must be certified if the contracting authority so requests.
(7) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided.
(8) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures.
(9) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities.
(10) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(11) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(12) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
(13) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: As specified in the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire.
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: