Building Works Orkney Islands
New Orkney Hospital and Healthcare Facilities.
United Kingdom-Kirkwall: Construction work for buildings relating to health
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Project Offices, Balfour Hospital, New Scapa Road, Orkney
Contact point(s): Albert Tait
KW15 1BH Kirkwall
Telephone: +44 1856888103
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.ohb.scot.nhs.uk/
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00368
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: The new Orkney Hospital and Health Care Facility will be constructed on a site at New Scapa Road, Orkney. The contract is for the design, build, finance and maintenance of a new Hospital and Health Care Facility.
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The objective of the Project is to provide NHS Orkney with a new hospital and health care facility to service the needs of patients in the Orkney area. Further information will be provided in the ITPD and contract documents.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
45215100, 98341000, 79993000, 31625200, 32520000, 35120000, 45314300, 50330000, 50700000, 51410000, 66515200, 71314200, 72253000,77314000, 90911300, 90922000
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Range: between 180 000 000 and 220 000 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
Description of particular conditions: The successful Private Sector Partner may be required to actively participate in the achievement of social and/or environmental objectives in the delivery of the Project. Accordingly, contract performance conditions may relate in particular, to social, environmental or other corporate social responsibility considerations. Further details of any conditions or specific requirements will be set out in the ITPD and contract documents.
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: Certain minimum standards will apply. Full details set out in the Information Memorandum / Pre-Qualification Questionnaire.
Parties expressing an interest in the Project will be required to complete a Pre-Qualification Questionnaire to evaluate and verify economic and financial standing and professional and technical capacity in accordance with Regulations 23 to 26 of the Public Contracts (Scotland) Regulations 2012. Full details to be set out in the information Memorandum / Pre-Qualification Questionnaire.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
Certain minimum standards will apply. Full details set out in the Information Memorandum / Pre-Qualification Questionnaire.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
IV.1.3)Reduction of the number of operators during the negotiation or dialogue
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
Prior information notice
Notice number in the OJEU: 2014/S 116-203797 of 19.6.2014
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
Payable documents: no
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
VI.2)Information about European Union funds
1. Interested parties should express interest, receive and submit Pre-Qualification Questionnaire submissions via the contracting authority in line with the details contained in the Information Memorandum/ Pre-Qualification Questionnaire documentation. The Information Memorandum / Pre-Qualification Questionnaire can be obtained by contacting the Board via the project team at Orkfirstname.lastname@example.org.
2. NHS Orkney will hold a Bidders’ Open Day on 14.8.2014 for those parties interested in the Project. The Bidders’ Open Day will be held in Orkney. Interested parties wishing to attend the Bidders’ Open Day should register as soon as possible to attend this event by either emailing Albert Tait at E-mail: Orkemail@example.com, or by writing to Project Office, NHS Orkney, Balfour Hospital, New Scapa Road, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1BH. All correspondence should be clearly marked – NHS Orkney New Hospital and Healthcare Facilities Attendance at Bidders’ Open Day. All correspondence should also confirm if the parties wish to request a short private meeting on the day. Private meetings will be restricted to consortia only, and NHS Orkney reserves the right to limit the duration of private meetings.
Further details will be provided upon registration.
3. Further to Section II.3 the anticipated duration shall be 300 months (or 25 years) operational plus the period of construction. The total anticipated duration is therefore 324 months (or circa 27 years) from the award of the contract.
4. Further to Section II.1.9 variants may be accepted by the contracting authority. However, interested parties should note that the contracting authority will seek to limit or restrict the requirements on which variants will be accepted and evaluated. Full details will be set out in the ITPD and contract documents.
5. Further to Section IV.1.3 the process is detailed in the Information Memorandum/ Pre-Qualification Questionnaire. This will be updated in the ITPD and contract documents.
6. Further to Section IV.3.3 the Information Memorandum/ Pre-Qualification Questionnaire available from the contracting authority describes the process for obtaining specifications and additional documents.
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: