Business and Management Consultancy Review Derby
NHS Hardwick CCG intends to establish a framework agreement of up to 5 external contractors, on a consultancy basis, to support practices to review and if decided to change their access and appointment systems.
United Kingdom-Derby: Business and management consultancy services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
GEM CSU on behalf of Hardwick CCG
For the attention of: David Bailey
DE1 3QT Derby
Telephone: +44 1332888023
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.hardwickccg.nhs.uk/
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.gemcsu.nhs.uk/gem/
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: https://gemcsu.bravosolution.co.uk/web/login.html
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 11: Management consulting services  and related services
NUTS code UKF1,UKF12,UKF11
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.4)Information on framework agreement
maximum number of participants to the framework agreement envisaged: 5
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in months: 24
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 0 and 200 000 GBP
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The provider will be expected to be able to offer three pieces of work. The provider may just be asked to deliver the first stage, or may be asked to deliver all three stages, and should be able to provide each element separately as required:
1. Stage 1: carry out a review of the practice systems. This review will be described by the providers during the procurement process but we would expect it to include assessments of:
— Current systems, including appointment systems;
— Patient demand for practice services (including ‘inappropriate’ demand);
— Practice capacity to meet patient demand;
— How demand and capacity map together and gaps;
— How efficiently practice are matching staff expertise and skill to patient need to maximise capacity and responsiveness.
The provider will be expected to report on this review to the practice, with recommendations for further action.
The practice will then consider its options, it may:
— Decide not to take any further action at all;
— Decide to go ahead with the recommendations without external support;
— Decide to go ahead with the recommendations with support.
2. Stage 2. For those practices who decide to go ahead with the recommendations with support the external provider will be asked to:
— Work with the practice to implement a system within the practice that will effectively manage patient demand;
— Work with the practice to communicate any change in appointment system and engage with patients;
— Support the practice to sustain the change and monitor its effectiveness.
3. The appointed external contractor will be responsible for providing the CCG with recommendations for change and with summary highlights of improvements to the overall access to the practices where the recommended change has occurred.
NHS Hardwick Clinical Commissioning Group has a registered population of 102 000 people registered with 16 practices.
Please note that whilst this Contract relates to NHS Hardwick CCG other CCGs within Derbyshire may utilise the Framework Agreement.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: Suppliers Instructions How to Express Interest in this Tender~:
1. Register your company on the eSourcing portal (this is only required once) — Browse to the eSourcing Portal: https://gemcsu.bravosolution.co.ukand click the link to register — Accept the terms and conditions and click ‘continue’ — Enter your correct business and user details — Note the user-name you chose and click ‘Save’ when complete — You will shortly receive an email with your unique password (please keep this secure);
2. Express an Interest in the tender — Login to the portal with the user-name/password — Click the ‘PQQs/ITTs Open To All Suppliers’ link. (These are Pre-Qualification Questionnaires or Invitations to Tender open to any registered supplier) — Click on the relevant PQQ/ITT to access the content. — Click the ‘Express Interest’ button at the top of the page. — This will move the PQQ/ITT into your ‘My PQQs/My ITTs’ page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only) — You can now access any attachments by clicking ‘Buyer Attachments’ in the ‘PQQ/ITT Details’ box;
3. Responding to the tender — Click ‘My Response’ under ‘PQQ/ITT Details’, you can choose to ‘Create Response’ or to ‘Decline to Respond’ (please give a reason if declining) — You can now use the ‘Messages’ function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification — Note the deadline for completion, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the PQQ/ITT — There may be a mixture of on-line and off-line actions for you to perform (there is detailed on-line help available). You must then submit your reply using the ‘Submit Response’ button at the top of the page. If you require any further assistance please consult the on-line help, or contact the eTendering help desk.
The closing date for the completion and return of tenders is 30.9.2014.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
Although this Contract has been advertised in relation to NHS Hardwick CCG other CCGs in Derbyshire including Southern Derbyshire CCG, North Derbyshire CCG and Erewash CCG may also utilise this framework agreement.
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
Greater East Midlands Commissioning Support Unit
DE1 3QT Derby
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: