Business Start-Up Training Tender – Cumbria
We now require delivery of our three day start-up course in Barrow, Carlisle, Kendal, Penrith and Workington/Whitehaven.
- Business services: law, marketing, consulting, recruitment, printing and security – 79000000
- Education and training services – 80000000
Location of contract
Value of contract
£100k – £150k
19 March 2019
25 March 2019
Contract start date
01 April 2019
Contract end date
31 December 2021
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Background and aims
Cumbria Chamber of Commerce has for the past seven years run the BSUS (Business Start-Up Support) project for Cumbria. We now require delivery of our three day start-up course in Barrow, Carlisle, Kendal, Penrith & Workington/Whitehaven looking at an April 2019 start for the next three years.
This course will operate as part of the wider start-up project, supporting start-up activity throughout Cumbria for new and young businesses in their first three years of trading. The BSUS programme is delivered by Cumbria Chamber of Commerce with funding anticipated from Allerdale Borough Council, Carlisle City Council, Copeland Borough Council, Eden District Council, South Lakeland District Council and the European Regional Development Fund.
Our requirement is for an individual on a self-employed basis or an organisation to deliver a series of 3 day start-up courses, with each course covering as a minimum:
• Business planning, sustainability and self-employment issues
• Marketing, social media, promotion, sales and pricing
• Bookkeeping, business banking and credit control
The first course in each area would need to be delivered during April 2019 with further courses approximately bi-monthly depending on demand until the end of the project which is expected to be March 2022.
You will be required to:
• Design and deliver the course and provide any course materials, branded in line with Chamber and ERDF requirements
• Ensure clients participating in the courses fully complete all relevant paperwork
• Work with the Chamber to generate interest in attending the courses and engage people in signing up for support
• Where appropriate to client needs refer into the wider support offer
About the buyer
16-20 Lowther Street
0845 226 0040
Submissions should be sent by email to Lesley Robinson firstname.lastname@example.org marked ‘Confidential – Tender Enclosed’ to reach us by no later than 9am on Monday 25th March 2019 with the intention for successful/unsuccessful responses being sent week commencing 25th March 2019.
Q: May I please clarify that:
bi-monthly means once every two months (i.e. eighteen workshops over three years) and not the rare, but possible meaning of twice a month; and
contact details for referees, rather than references, are required at this stage.
A: Yes bi-monthly is every 2 months and contact details for referees please rather than full references.
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided, or follow the instructions given in the notice description or information section.