Business Support Contract South West – Invitation to Quote
To design, deliver, monitor and report on a package of business support.
Location of contract
Value of contract
29 November 2017
03 January 2018
Contract start date
16 January 2018
Contract end date
15 January 2019
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
CLOSING TIME FOR BIDS IS 03/01/2018 14:00 HOURS. DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE BUYER. To express your interest in this opportunity email ExpressionOfInterest@crowncommercial.gov.uk.
Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) are seeking organisations that have the capacity, capability and expertise to deliver a training programme tailored for businesses that fit the following criteria:
• Early-stage technology businesses working intensively on R&D and commercial approach
• In most cases less than 5 years old
• Pre-revenue and generally likely to be running their own business for the first time
• Generally employ fewer than 5 people.
The business support programme will set out to achieve the following:
• Perform a diagnostic to ascertain the specific stage of development and key requirements of each business
• Supply businesses with the key skills and knowledge required to run a successful technology business and increase their chance of survival
• Contribute to the successful commercialisation of technologies by providing advice and training in key business-critical areas supporting the development of a robust business plan
• Provide crucial skills and confidence in pitching for investment and introductions to investors to help fund technology development and commercialisation
• Create a step change for the businesses where they can demonstrate that the programme has made a difference, e.g. attracting external investment, finding new customers.
• Provide STFC with case study material on a business that has derived real benefit from the programme and a positive impact on the business can be demonstrated
• Contribute to the wider objectives of STFC and the Harwell Campus by being an active player in the campus and wider Oxfordshire business community.
The objective for the contractor is to design, deliver, monitor and report on a package of business support to offer and/or signpost to advice in areas which would typically include:
• Intellectual Property
• Company law and legal support
• Basic business finance and R&D tax credits
• Sales, marketing and branding
• Market research and strategy
• Team building, HR, employment law
• Business communication skills
• Business planning
• Investment readiness training to include pitching to investors.
This is not intended as an exhaustive list and potential contractors should set out their proposed programme contents.
About the buyer
Bidder – Logging into Emptoris for the first time.docx
PS17230 AW5.2 Price Schedule
PS17230 ITQ Invitation to Quote
PS17230 ITQ Invitation to Quote questions
PS17230-S1-Services purchasing contract
As part of the strategic alliance between UK Shared Business Services Ltd (UK SBS) and Crown Commercial Service (CCS), UK SBS can use the CCS eSourcing Suite for future procurements.
If you have not yet registered on the eSourcing Suite, this can be done online at https://gpsesourcing.cabinetoffice.gov.uk by following the link ‘Register for CCS eSourcing’. Please note that, to register, you must have a valid DUNS number (as provided by Dun and Bradstreet) for the organisation which you are registering, who will be entering into a contract if invited to do so.
Once you have registered on the eSourcing Suite, a registered user can express an interest for a specific procurement. This is done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email must clearly state: the name and reference for the procurement you wish to register for; the name of the registered Bidder; and the name and contact details for the registered individual sending the email. Crown Commercial Service will process the email and then enable the Bidder to access the procurement online via the e-Sourcing Suite. The registered user will receive a notification email to alert them once this has been done. The Sourcing documents can then be accessed on the eSourcing Suite at: https://gpsesourcing.cabinetoffice.gov.uk using the instructions detailed in the specification documents within Contracts Finder. As a user of the e-Sourcing Suite you will have access to Emptoris email messaging service which facilitates all messages sent to you and from you in relation to any specific RFX event. Please note it is your responsibility to access these emails on a regular basis to ensure you have sight of all relevant information. For technical assistance on use of the e-Sourcing Suite please contact Crown Commercial Service Helpdesk : Telephone: 0345 010 3503 Training documents to support Bidders utilise Emptoris CCS eSourcing are available in the Contracts Finder Tender documents section.
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided.