Care and Support within Extra Care Leicestershire
Extra Care is accommodation that promotes independent living through the delivery of 24/7 care and support services.
3165_15 Care and Support within Extra Care
Awarding body Leicestershire County Council
|EST. START DATE:||04/05/2015|
|EST. END DATE:||07/11/2016|
Extra Care is accommodation that promotes independent living through the delivery of 24/7 care and support services. The main aim of Extra Care is to;
• Enable older people to remain independent in their own home for as long as possible
• Avoid the need for more costly service interventions, primarily hospital or residential care admissions.
This notice is to advise of a forthcoming procurement for Care and Support Services within a new Extra Care Scheme in Leicestershire.
• Oak Court, located in Blaby is a new build Extra Care scheme due for completion at the end of March 2015, the scheme has 50 units of self-contained accommodation and properties will be allocated to people with assessed care needs. Services will be required to commence from the 4th May 2015
Care and Support services will comprise;
• The delivery of a 24 hour, 7 day a week on-site ‘Core Service’ enabling Service Users unplanned/emergency care needs to be met. The ‘Core Service’ will also include the delivery of low level support services to maintain/promote independent living.
• In addition to the Core Service the Provider will deliver planned care hours according to the assessed needs and choices of individuals.
• A Pilot Reablement Service (Step Down) for Service Users discharged from hospital but who at the point of discharge are unable to initially return home. The aim of the pilot Reablement Service will be to reduce or remove the need for ongoing services on the Service Users return home.
ESPO will host a bidders forum at ESPO, on 13th February 2015 at 10am, in order for officers of Leicestershire County Council to explain these services in greater detail and provide the opportunity for potential bidders to raise questions. To register your attendance at this session, please email in advance the names of the person(s) who will attend to: email@example.com
The tender for these services will be available through East Mids Tenders (www.eastmidstenders.org) in early February 2015. Interested bidders are advised to register on the portal in advance, to ensure they can access the tender documentation as soon as it is available.
In order to express an interest for this forthcoming opportunity, please see details below and please ensure you refer to instructions and guidance available: (a) Go to www.eastmidstenders.org (b) If you are not already registered, register your company by selecting the ‘Register’ box on the top of the home page, (c) Once registered visit the home page and search for the tender ‘3165_15’ Care and Support within Extra Care, by selecting ‘View Opportunities’, (d) Express an interest by selecting the ‘Register Interest’ box at the bottom of the screen. You should receive a notification email confirming your expression of interest.
In registering, it is vital that when you are prompted to select ‘Categories’ (CPV codes), you choose the one relating to Health and Social Work Services (85000000). In addition, if you so wish, you may also select as many other Categories or CPV codes as are relevant to your business – by doing this, you will ensure that you receive all relevant email alerts from the Portal relating to further opportunities that may be of interest to you.
User Guides and a live Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) are available on the Portal, to assist you with the registration process. Please refer any queries on Portal operation to email@example.com (telephone 01670 597136).
|Contract Type||One off|
|Procurement Process||Prior Information Procedure|
|Estimated ValueTEXT DESCRIPTION|
|Category||Social Community Care Supplies & Services,|
|Suitable for SME||YES|
DOCUMENT AVAILABLE UNTIL
6 March 2015
SUBMISSION RETURN BY
13 March 2015
Leicestershire County Council c/o ESPO
0116 294 4055