Catering Contract Perth
Provision of a Catering Service at the SNH Battleby Centre, Perth (Re-Advertisement).
United Kingdom-Inverness: Catering services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Scottish Natural Heritage
Great Glen House, Leachkin Road
Contact point(s): Procurement Team
IV3 8NW Inverness
Telephone: +44 1463725085
Fax: +44 1463725067
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.snh.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00383
Electronic access to information: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 27: Other services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Battleby, Perth.
NUTS code UK
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
Scottish Natural Heritage is a Non-Departmental Public Body funded by the Scottish Government. We require a catering provider for events, meetings, conferences and training courses for staff and visitors. Catering requirements can vary from small meetings requiring just a couple of teas or coffees to a buffet lunch for 160 or full dinner for up to 70 guests. There will often be a requirement to provide catering for several meetings at staggered times throughout the day. We also need to ensure individuals with special/medical diets, or particular food allergies, are catered for appropriately. There are approximately 400-500 events of varying size that require catering provision each year. Spend on this service at the Battleby Centre has been approx. 85 000 GBP per annum over the last 2 years.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=428174
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Estimated value excluding VAT: 255 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: The contract will be for 12 months initially, with the option to extend for a further maximum 24 months (so 36 months in total). This will be confirmed with the appointed supplier prior to the end of the first 12 months of the contract.
II.2.3)Information about renewals
Number of possible renewals: 1
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(2) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities;
(3) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract;
(4) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate;
(5) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
Please provide evidence of all Food Hygiene / Safety certificates held.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Please note that as this is a re-advertisement (due to a very low response to the original Contract Notice), we expect to complete the process this time around — subject to all mandatory selection criteria etc. being fulfilled — regardless of the number of operators involved.
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated below
1. Price. Weighting 40
2. Consistency, reliability and flexibility of service provision. Weighting 35
3. Booking and cancellation procedures. Weighting 15
4. Fair work practices. Weighting 10
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
Notice on a buyer profile
Notice number in the OJEU: 2015/S 218-398229 of 11.11.2015
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
This is a re-advertisement (due to a low response rate) of a Contract Notice (Notice ID NOV225514) originally published on 6.11.2015. Any supplier that originally submitted a PQQ and passed the selection criteria will not be required to re-submit their PQQ.
All interested parties wishing to participate in this procurement exercise must return a completed pre-qualification questionnaire (PQQ), including all information requested therein, to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of 13:00 on 19.2.2016.
All PQQs received by this deadline will be evaluated, and short-listed suppliers will then be invited to submit a competitive tender.
(SC Ref: 428174).
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: