Catering for the Knowsley Flower Show Sunday 4 August 2013
Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council would like expressions of interest from suppliers interested in the management and supply of catering concessions providing public catering for the Knowsley Flower Show Sunday 4 August 2013.
- Knowsley Council
- Catering for the Knowsley Flower Show Sunday 4 August 2013
- Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council would like expressions of interest from suppliers interested in the management and supply of catering concessions providing public catering for the Knowsley Flower Show Sunday 4 August 2013.
This year will be the 15th Knowsley Flower Show, which is now recognised as the largest free horticultural show of its kind in the North West, with a visitor figure of approximately 20,000 people. Affiliated to the Royal Horticultural Society, the event is a firm date not only in the local gardener’s diary but the local community.
Attractions on the day include a giant Floral Marquee, Craft and Plant Marquee, the popular Geraud Farmer’s market plus a host of entertainment and attractions on offer including falconry displays, dog obedience displays, circus skills and much more.
The park is very much split into the following areas and there is a need for mobile catering and seating in these areas:
1. Cricket Pavilion – this is located at the front of the park and popular attractions are staged here including Main Arena, Farmers Market (including some food concession stands), trade stands, Infozone Marquee etc (see attached Draft Plan).
2. Gladstone field – this is located at the back of the park near the public car park and the Craft Marquee, trade stands, children’s activities and fairground rides will be located here (see attached draft plan).
3. Clearing – this is located centrally in the park behind the Sunken Garden’s health and wellbeing area and attractions in this area include Circus Skills, Potter and community showcase performance area.
Please note, Court Hey Park is home to the National Wildflower Centre which has its own Café called the Cornflower Café selling home made dishes, local ice cream and cakes. This is located in one of the Courtyards and is in the Centre of the Park. Also please note that there maybe ice cream, donuts, coffee concessions and children’s iced drinks available on the day.
Knowsley will require up to a maximum of four mobile catering units, from one or a number of providers. Suppliers will be expected to offer a variety of quality catering to the public, to include affordable healthy options and meal deal combinations. In addition suppliers must provide a number of tables and chairs to create an outdoor food court, waste disposal facilities and full on-site management of the units.
Catering units will be expected to supply a number of lunches, to volunteers working this event (such as a hot snack with drink or baguette with drink) on Sunday 4 August 2013. There will be approximately 100 volunteers working at the event. This will be managed through a voucher scheme and this should be incorporated into the supplier costs.
Suppliers will be expected to pay some level of deposit to guarantee their place at the Knowsley Flower show; payable 6 weeks before the date of the show.
Potential suppliers will be contacted, with the next steps, after the close of the expression of interest date.
- Mrs Victoria Parrott
- Email Address:
- 0151 443 5411
- 0151 443 5407
- 7th Floor Kirkby Municipal Building
- 14/11/2012 08:00
- 05/02/2013 17:00
- 12 (months)
- 12 (months)