Civil Engineering Tender – Roads and Bridges
Clyde Waterfront and Renfrew Riverside Lead Consultancy – Multi Disciplinary Services, Roads and Bridges.
United Kingdom-Paisley: Civil engineering consultancy services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Renfrewshire House, Cotton Street
Contact point(s): City Deal Project Team
For the attention of: Sharon Griffin
PA1 1JB Paisley
Telephone: +44 1416187026
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.renfrewshire.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00400
Electronic access to information: www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 12: Architectural services; engineering services and integrated engineering services; urban planning and landscape engineering services; related scientific and technical consulting services; technical testing and analysis services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Various locations within Renfrewshire and the wider Clyde Valley boundary.
NUTS code UKM35
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
This requirement is for multi disciplinary services relating to roads and bridges including but not limited to project inception, option generation/appraisal, design and statutory procedure, assistance in the procurement and supervision of contractors.
Full details of the scope will be included within the Invitation to Tender.
Note: The buyer is using PCS-Tender to carry out this procurement process. Please note this is a separate website and if you are not already registered, registration will be required.
To access PCS-Tender, record your interest in this notice and access the tender documentation please visithttps://www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk and search for project Code Project code 3788 PQQ code 1224 under PQQs Open to All Suppliers. Please use the Search/Filter function, then select Project Code from the dropdown. Please note that once you have expressed interest in the PQQ it will move to your My PQQs area.
For further information on using PCS-Tender, please read the Supplier Response Guide:https://www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/esop/pts-host/public/pts/supplierhelppage/PCS-TSupplierResponseGuide.pdf
If you have already registered on Public Contracts Scotland and PCS-Tender and paired your accounts you can access PCS-Tender through your Public Contracts Scotland Control Panel.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Estimated value excluding VAT: 3 000 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
All pricing within the tender must be in sterling (GBP) and all payments will be made in the same.
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
Description of particular conditions: As detailed in the Invitation to Tender.
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
PQQ submissions must be sufficiently complete to enable a full and detailed evaluation of all components.
All candidates will be required to evidence the undernoted insurance requirements, any candidate unable to evidence the levels required must state commitment to obtaining limits prior to the award of contract.
Employers Liability 5 000 000 GBP
Professional Indemnity 5 000 000 GBP
Public Liability 5 000 000 GBP
Statutory third party motor vehicle cover in accordance with the provision of the current Road Traffic Act 1988 (as amended)
PQQ submissions must be sufficiently complete to enable a full and detailed evaluation of all components.
Candidate must evidence a minimum annual turnover of 6 000 000 GBP
Candidates risk of business failure will be assessed by way of risk report provided independently by Dun and Bradstreet (D&B) candidates should evidence a minimum D&B failure score of 20 or above. It is recommended that candidates review their own D&B Failure Score in advance of PQQ submissions if, following this review, candidates consider that the D&B Failure Score does not reflect their current financial status; Candidates should follow instructions contained within the PQQ.
Suitable Health & Safety policies & practices.
Any other condition contained within the Pre Qualification Questionnaire.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
As detailed in the documentation.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: As detailed in the documentation.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract.
(2) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided.
(3) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities.
(4) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
All information required will be included within the documentation.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Bidders will be assessed on a PASS/FAIL criteria for all elements included within the qualification section of the Pre Qualification Questionnaire.
Bidders will thereafter be assessed against the undernoted technical elements.
Competence 30 %
Experience 40 %
Capacity 20 %
Customer Focus 10 %
A minimum pass threshold of 40 % in relation to the Technical section will be enforced. Only those Bidders who pass all elements within the Qualification Envelope and thereafter achieve an overall score of above 40 % within the Technical Envelope will be considered.
It is envisaged that the top scoring 6 capable and eligible Bidders will be invited to submit an
Invitation to Tender. Where less than 6 capable and eligible Bidders meet the minimum criteria, as detailed above, and provided the Council is satisfied that there is sufficient competition to deliver best value, all Bidders meeting the minimum criteria will be taken forward to the ITT stage of the tender process.
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
Prior information notice
Notice number in the OJEU: 2015/S 59-103780 of 25.3.2015
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
The PQQ is available for download at www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
The project number is 3788 and the PQQ number is 1224
Under the terms of this contract the successful consultant will be required to offer/deliver Community Benefits. Full details of this requirement will be provided within the Invitation to Tender.
Under the terms of this contract the successful consultant may be required to advertise sub consulting opportunities through the Public Contracts Scotland portal. Full details of this requirement will be provided within the Invitation to Tender.
Bidders should note that the anticipated contract duration is contained within this notice however the actual duration will be dependent on the indicative programme contained within the tender documents.
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: