Cleaning of bus shelters within the Highland Council area
The Highland Council requires the provision of cleaning of bus shelters (approx 400) throughout the Highland Council area. This is to include routine cleaning at 90-day (3 month)intervals and an emergency response within 48 hours.
United Kingdom-Inverness: Cleaning and sanitation services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
The Highland Council
Council Headquarters, Glenurquhart Road
Contact point(s): Procurement
IV3 5BX Inverness
Telephone: +44 1463702000
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.highland.gov.uk/
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00045
Electronic access to information: http://www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: http://www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 14: Building-cleaning services and property management services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Throughout the Highland Council area.
NUTS code UK
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The requirement is for cleaning of all internal and external surfaces, including glass or polycarbonate glazing, removal of litter, sweeping of floors and removal of graffiti and fly-posting.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=328874
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
90900000, 90600000, 90910000
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
An initial list of bus shelter locations to be cleaned will be provided, but locations may be added or removed during the term of the contract.
The contract will be for a period of 2 years, with an option to extend for up to 2 further years.
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(1) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(2) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening of tenders
Date: 19.1.2015 – 12:00
Highland Council, Strategic Procurement, The Town House, High Street, Inverness IV1 1JJ, Scotland.
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.4.3)Service from which information about the lodging of appeals may be obtained
The Highland Council
The Town House, High Street
IV1 1JJ Inverness
Telephone: +44 1463785152
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: