Construction Related Services Contract 2016 – 2026
The successful contractor will be required to provide a ‘total asset management solution’, including but not limited to the provision of asbestos surveys, EPCs, structural surveys, planning and building control applications, building surveying services.
United Kingdom-Spennymoor: Construction work
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Livin Housing Limited
Farrell House, Arlington Way, Durham Gate, Co. Durham
For the attention of: Wayne Harris
DL16 6NL Spennymoor
Telephone: +44 8455055500
Fax: +44 1388824103
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.livin.co.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.mytenders.org/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA21007
Electronic access to information: www.mytenders.org
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.mytenders.org
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Design and execution
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: County Durham and surrounding areas.
NUTS code UKC
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
— responsive and cyclical: works to the livin asset portfolio, including responsive repairs (including out of hours) and maintenance works, voids, one off component replacements, aids and adaptations, decants, damp proofing works, pest control, security board ups and fencing. Cyclical works include, but not limited to, water borne management (legionella) LPG heating maintenance, external redecoration, warm air heating maintenance, solid fuel appliance maintenance, air source heat pump maintenance, lift maintenance (including stair and passenger lifts), door entry systems maintenance, fire alarm maintenance, fire extinguisher maintenance, emergency lighting maintenance, intruder alarm maintenance,
— cleaning and maintenance of flat roof gutters, window cleaning, maintenance of cctv systems, PAT testing, smoke detector maintenance and periodic electrical inspections Provision of asset management support services including but not limited to the provision of asbestos surveys and removal, EPCs, structural surveys, planning and building control applications, building surveying services,
— electrical testing services, property MOT’s, empty property/mortgage rescue surveys and other services required to provide total asset management support.
The provider will need to provide ICT support as required, to support the delivery of services and exchange/interface service information within livin, including the provision of an out of hours call centre.
Gas and solid fuel servicing and repairs: gas servicing (domestic and commercial), including annual inspections and safety certification and maintenance and repairs, including out of hours. Works may also include surveys of existing systems to identify faults and failure trends. Works will include repair of full central heating systems, including radiators, distribution pipework, valves and heating controls. Planned capital: works to the livin asset portfolio, including kitchen replacements, bathroom replacements, internal and external redecoration, heating installations, electrical upgrades, communal redecorations, window replacements, door replacements, roof renewals, external repairs, door entry installations, insulation works, insurance-related works, work associated with solar power generation, utility saving activities, general green technology, environmental improvements, asbestos surveys and removals, any other construction related works required to maintain the asset, adaptations generally. Note: to register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the myTenders Web Site athttp://www.mytenders.org/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=108716
Note: to register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the myTenders Web Site athttp://www.myTenders.org/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=166109
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the Postbox facility. A user guide is available athttp://www.myTenders.org/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
45000000, 45100000, 45210000, 45260000, 45200000, 45300000, 45310000, 45320000, 45330000, 45340000, 45350000, 45400000, 45410000,45420000, 45430000, 45440000, 45450000, 50000000, 50531100, 50531200, 50700000, 50710000, 50720000, 71000000, 71314300, 71500000,71600000, 79512000, 90000000, 90640000, 90650000, 90690000, 90910000, 50750000, 71312000, 71315300
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Works is based on current information which may be subject to change.
The average annual value for each work stream excluding VAT over the contract period is:
Planned 7 530 445 GBP;
Cyclical 1 227 685 GBP;
Gas 1 134 052 GBP;
Responsive 2 540 368 GBP;
Voids 2 064 597 GBP;
Aids and Adaptations 441 909 GBP (note this will cease in 2021);
Other services 270 891 GBP.
The term shall be for a period of (6 years and 9 months) extendable at the Client’s option by one further consecutive period of 3 years.
Estimated value excluding VAT: 150 331 838 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
Description of particular conditions: The services provider and its supply chain will be required to actively participate in the delivery of social and/or environmental policy and digital vision and channel shift strategy objectives as well as those relating to customer involvement, recruitment, employment training, community and environmental sustainability and supply chain initiatives and to support delivery of strategic goals. This may include other value added contributions by the service provider(s) and its supply chain in order to support community programmes and initiatives promoted by livin. In addition, livin wishes to engage with suppliers who will deliver innovation to drive up service quality and efficiency, thereby providing value for money for livin’s business and its customers.
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(2) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided.
(3) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(4) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: A minimum of 5 operators will be invited, though the Contracting Authority reserves the right to increase the number of operators to be invited to submit an ITT by 1 or 2 if their scores are closely placed around the cut-off point.
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: