Contract for Construction Based Filming Services
Provision of services for a multi-site construction based major infrastructure project relating to: Capture and production of time-lapse filming.
United Kingdom-London: Motion picture and video services
Contract notice – utilities
Section I: Contracting entity
I.1)Name and addresses
The Point, 37 North Wharf Road, Paddington
Telephone: +44 2031477700
NUTS code: UKI
Section II: Object
Contract for the Provision of Construction Based Filming Services.
II.1.2)Main CPV code
II.1.3)Type of contract
Provision of services for a multi-site construction based major infrastructure project relating to:
— Capture and production of time-lapse filming;
— Filming of construction milestones; and
— Use of drones for filming.
Applicants are referred to the Pre-Qualification Pack (‘PQP’) and accompanying Procurement Documents for further information on the scope of the procurement and the Services to be performed by the successful Tenderer.
II.1.5)Estimated total value
II.1.6)Information about lots
II.2.2)Additional CPV code(s)
II.2.3)Place of performance
Services to be performed in relation to the Thames Tideway Tunnel under construction across various sites in London. Please refer to the PQP for further information.
II.2.4)Description of the procurement:
Tideway require the provision of construction based filming services. The overarching role and purpose of the Contract is to support the External Affairs department at Tideway in fulfilling their function of capturing and promoting the purpose, nature and progress of construction activity on the Project to varying stakeholders both internal and external. Services needs to be available in a flexible and reliable manner to meet the requirements of the Project.
Further information on the scope of the Contract and the procurement is included in the PQP and accompanying Procurement Documents.
II.2.7)Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
II.2.9)Information about the limits on the number of candidates to be invited
Applicants are referred to the PQP and Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (‘PQQ’) for information on Tideway’s criteria for choosing Applicants to be invited to tender for the Contract. Tideway expects to select only the top four Applicants to tender for the Contract. However, Tideway reserves the right in its absolute discretion to invite to tender fewer than four or to invite five Applicants on the basis described in PQP Section 5.5.
II.2.10)Information about variants
II.2.11)Information about options
Applicants should be aware that Tideway reserves the right to extend the term of the Contract by period or periods of up to 36 months making a maximum aggregate contract period of 72 months. Further, Applicants should also be aware that Tideway reserves the right to omit and/or vary the scope of the Contract and/ or require optional scope to be performed. Further information is included in the PQP.
II.2.13)Information about European Union funds
Applicants are referred to VI.3) Additional Information in this Contract Notice below.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Suitability to pursue the professional activity, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Applicants are referred to the PQP and PQQ for information about conditions for participation.
III.1.2)Economic and financial standing
III.1.3)Technical and professional ability
III.1.4)Objective rules and criteria for participation
Applicants are referred to the PQP and PQQ for information about Tideway’s objective rules and criteria for participation in the Contract.
III.1.6)Deposits and guarantees required:
Tideway reserves the right to require guarantees, bonds, collateral warranties (potentially including the grant of step-in rights) and other forms of security as appropriate to be specified in the Procurement Documents to be made available at ITT stage. Applicants are referred to the PQP for relevant information available at this Contract Notice stage.
III.1.7)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
The main financing conditions, payment mechanism and performance standards will be described in the Procurement Documents to be made available at ITT stage.
III.1.8)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
Tideway will accept expressions of interest and tenders from single entities or Consortia. Tideway does not require those Consortia who intend to form a single legal entity to do so at the PQQ stage. Tideway will consider contracting with a Consortium, providing always that the participants in any Consortium are jointly and severally liable for all of the obligations of the Contractor under the Contract.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.4)Information about reduction of the number of solutions or tenders during negotiation or dialogue
IV.1.8)Information about the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
IV.2.2)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.2.4)Languages in which tenders or requests to participate may be submitted:
IV.2.6)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
VI.2)Information about electronic workflows
1) Terms in this Contract Notice with initial capital letters have the meanings given in PQP Section 1.3 (Glossary).
2) To express interest in the Contract, Applicants must register and complete the PQQ on the Tideway portal: https://thamestidewaytunnel.bravosolution.co.uk by the deadline for PQQs stated in the PQP. The PQQ Deadline is a precise time and Applicants must allow sufficient time to upload the PQQ.
3) Section I (Contracting entity): The contracting entity is Bazalgette Tunnel Limited (‘Tideway’), the organisation responsible for delivering the Thames Tideway Tunnel. Additional information relating to this Contract Notice is available in the Procurement Documents. Further information on Tideway and the Thames Tideway Tunnel is available at www.tideway.london
4) Section II.2.6 (Estimated value): The estimated value has been estimated on the basis of the assumptions set out in the PQP. See further PQP section 3.6.
5) Section II.2.7 (Duration of the Contract): timescales in this Contract Notice are estimated based on the current Tideway programme but may be subject to change.
6) Section IV (Procedure): Tideway is not a utility for the purpose of the Utilities Contracts Regulations 2016 (‘UCR 2016’) and accordingly the UCR 2016 do not apply to this procurement. However Tideway is required pursuant to the procurement regime in The Water Industry (Specified Infrastructure Projects) (English Undertakers) Regulations 2013 (‘SIP Regulations’) to tender certain contracts and certain categories of contracts in accordance with a modified regime set out in the SIP Regulations as amended by The Public Procurement (Amendments, Repeals and Revocations) Regulations 2016 (‘modified UCR 2016’). The procurement requirements set out in the modified UCR 2016 are broadly similar to the UCR 2016 save that certain procedures, exclusions and exemptions have been removed and Part 5 of UCR 2016 (Remedies) has been modified so that a different remedies regime applies to Tideway. Additional information in relation to the modified UCR 2016 is available at: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/cy/uksi/2016/275/schedule/2/paragraph/48/made
7) Section VI.4 (Procedures for review): In accordance with the modified UCR 2016 regime, Tideway will incorporate a minimum 10 calendar day standstill period before award from the point information on award is communicated to Tenderers. Any request for further information by Tenderers pursuant to the modified UCR 2016 regime must be made in writing to the address set out in section I.1 above. The modified UCR 2016 regime provides remedies for economic operators who, in consequence of a breach of the modified UCR 2016 regime, suffer, or risk suffering, loss or damage. Proceedings must be started in the High Court of England and Wales.
8) A response to this Contract Notice does not guarantee that an Applicant will be invited to tender. The award process may be terminated or suspended at any time without cost or liability to Tideway. Tideway does not bind itself to enter into any contract(s) arising out of the procedure envisaged by this Contract Notice. No contractual rights express or implied arise out of this Contract Notice or the procedures envisaged by it. Tideway reserves the right to vary its requirements and the procedure relating to the conduct of the award process. Tideway reserves the right to disqualify any Applicants on terms set out in the PQP.
9) Applicants/Tenderers shall be solely responsible for and liable for all costs associated with and arising out of or in connection with responding to this Contract Notice, any PQQ and with submitting any tender, howsoever incurred.
Royal Courts of Justice, Strand
Telephone: +44 20794760000
VI.4.2)Body responsible for mediation procedures
Royal Courts of Justice, Strand
Telephone: +44 20794760000
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: