Contract for Universal Information and Advice Service Barnsley
The project is to cover an improvement to the infrastructure and delivery mechanisms for information and advice across Barnsley’s health and care landscape.
- Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council
- Contract for the Provision of a Universal Information and Advice (UIA)
- The project is to cover an improvement to the infrastructure and delivery mechanisms for information and advice across Barnsley’s health and care landscape. The first phase of the work is concerned with producing a comprehensive UIA strategy representing wide ranging interests and priorities across health and social care. Additional activity in this first phase will begin to address inter-organisational approaches to providing a universal service and providing formative structure to a more cohesive approach going forward.
Scope to include:
- Undertake an information and advice mapping exercise and gap analysis across the whole system.
- Evaluate impact of previous UIA activity; including consideration of value for money, effectiveness and sustainability
- Map the information and advice offer of key constituents (e.g. GPs, voluntary sector, public sector, private sector and key stakeholders. Assess extent to which the system can be seen as integrated and fit for purpose; identifying gaps
- Audit the Local Authority position against the Information and Advice Guidance elements of the Care Act (2014) and identify the gaps (e.g. ensure compliance with what information and advice should be provided)
- Understand customer experience; identifying relevant gaps and opportunities to respond more effectively to the local population’s information needs.
- Understand digital capability assets (e.g. information kiosks), training and infrastructure; identifying gaps
- Develop and agree design principles for information and advice provision
- Provide a detailed blueprint, and associated implementation plan, for the effective development and delivery of enhanced information and advice services.
To present options for a more joined-up, whole-system solution to individuals’ information and advice needs.
- Mr Glyn Stephenson
- Email Address:
- 01226 774371
- Gateway Plaza
Off Sackville Street
- 27/04/2015 13:51
- 11/05/2015 12:00
- 5 (months)
- 0 (months)