Conventional 2012/13 Carriageway Resurfacing Programme
West Berkshire Council.
Reference number: P349
Deadline date: 07/03/2012
This deadline is for… Notice deadline.
Contract value: £0 – £0
Location where the contract is to be carried out: BerkshireWest Berkshire
Is this suitable for smaller suppliers? No
Name of the buying organisation: West Berkshire Council
Original source URL http://westberks.klickstream.com/search/search_switch.aspx?ID=7645
Description of the contract
The Highways and Transport Service of West Berkshire Council (WBC) requires a contractor to undertake a programme of carriageway resurfacing with conventional hot surfacing materials through out the district.
The work up to an estimated total value of GBP 450000 will be on Class A (including dual carriageways), B, C, D and Unclassified roads both rural and urban.
The works consist of the following activities:
– The laying of conventional hot surfacing materials (stone mastic asphalt, hot rolled asphalt and dense bitumen macadam.
– Erecting, maintaining and removal of all types of temporary traffic management (including road closures designed by West Berkshire Council).
– Adjustment and renewal of ironwork.
– Replacement of precast concrete kerbing and channels.
– Minor areas of footway construction and resurfacing.
– Milling/removal of existing carriageway surface – both flexible and cement bound.
– Replacement of road markings and studs on the new surfacing.
– Re-cutting and replacement of traffic signal loops and counters.
A formal schedule of works will be available to all parties who successfully pre-qualify for the main tender process.
Classification of the contract
50230000 Repair, maintenance and associated services related to roads and other equipment
Contract type: Works – Unspecified
Is it a framework agreement? No
Is this contract related to a programme of funding? No
Contract will be awarded based on: Most economically advantageous tender in terms of: The criteria stated in the contract documents
Estimated length of contract: 06/06/2012 – 31/10/2012
Who to contact
Contact name Contracts & Procurement Officer
Address Council Offices, Market Street, Legal & Electoral Services, Newbury, GB, RG14 5LD
Telephone +44 1635519415
Fax +44 1635519341
Web address http://www.westberks.gov.uk