Credit Referencing Tender for Royal Mail
Credit referencing reports for both business and consumer classification including; financial data, credit rating, credit limits. The contract is for a fixed term of 3 years with an option to extend for a further 2 years.
UK-London: financial and insurance services
Contract notice – utilities
Section I: Contracting entity
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Royal Mail Group
35-50 Rathbone Place
Contact point(s): Nicola Greenwood
For the attention of: Nicola Greenwood
W1T 1HQ London
General address of the contracting entity: www.royalmailgroup.com
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.3)Contract award on behalf of other contracting entities
The contracting entity is purchasing on behalf of other contracting entities: no
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting entity:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 6: Financial servicesa)Insurances services b)Banking and investment services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Whole of the UK.
NUTS code UK
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
The notice involves the establishment of a framework agreement
II.1.4)Information on framework agreement
Framework agreement with a single operator
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in years: 5
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT
Range: between 750 000,00 and 1 000 000,00 GBP
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s):
Credit referencing reports for both business and consumer classification including; financial data, credit rating, credit limits. The contract is for a fixed term of 3 years with an option to extend for a further 2 years. The contract duration, stated in sections II.1.4 and II.1.4 is the maximum potential duration of 5 years including the possible extension.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
66000000, 79200000, 79300000, 79400000
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
The contract is covered by the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA): no
II.1.8)Information about lots
This contract is divided into lots: no
II.1.9)Information about variants
Variants will be accepted: yes
II.2)Quantity or scope of the contract
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Anticipated expenditure will be in the region of 750 000 GBP to 1 000 000 GBP for the full potential duration of this contract award (150 000 GBP to 200 000 GBP per annum) however precise quantities are unknown at present. The scope of services includes business and consumer information; credit rating, scores, limits, company accounts, directors reports, payment terms etc.
Estimated value excluding VAT
Range: between 750 000,00 and 1 000 000,00 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: Variant proposals will be accpeted in addition to the completion of mandatory tender questions.
II.2.3)Information about renewals
This contract is subject to renewal: no
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Duration in months: 60 (from the award of the contract)
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1)Conditions relating to the contract
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
Parent company or other guarantees may be required in certain circumstances. See contract documents.
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
As per contract documents.
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
Requests to participate will be accepted from groupings of economic operators (consortia). In the event of a successful consortium bid, the Contracting Authority reserves the right to require groupings of entities to take a particular legal form and/or that each member undertakes joint and several liability irrespective of the legal form adopted. Where a subsidiary company is used, the ultimate parent company may be required to provide a guarantee in respect of the performance of the contract by the subsidiary before acceptance.
III.1.4)Other particular conditions:
The performance of the contract is subject to particular conditions: no
III.2)Conditions for participation
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: Applicants will be required to complete a pre-qualification questionnaire (PQQ). This is available from the buyer profile address in I.1 above (also see Annex AIII) and must be returned by no later than 12:00 hrs on 3.9.2012.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: The minimum turnover threshold applying to this contract is 800 000 GBP pounds per annum and any Applicant whose annual turnover for the most recent financial year is below this figure will be ineligible for the Contract. For further requirements see PQQ.
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: See PQQ.
III.2.4)Information about reserved contracts
III.3)Conditions specific to services contracts
III.3.1)Information about a particular profession
Execution of the service is reserved to a particular profession: no
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Legal persons should indicate the names and professional qualifications of the staff responsible for the execution of the service: no
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
Some candidates have already been selected (if appropriate under certain types of negotiated procedures): no
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated in the specifications or in the invitation to tender or to negotiate
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
An electronic auction will be used: yes
Additional information about electronic auction: An electronic auction (e-auction) may be used to award all or part of the requirements.
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting entity:
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents
Payable documents: no
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
3.9.2012 – 12:00
IV.3.5)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.6)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.3.7)Conditions for opening tenders
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
This is a recurrent procurement: no
VI.2)Information about European Union funds
The contract is related to a project and/or programme financed by European Union funds: no
Please read ALL of the following information carefully.
1. Expression of Interest:- please ensure that you submit an expression of interest promptly so that your details can be populated in the Royal Mail Group Electronic Sourcing system (E-Sourcing). This is a necessary first step in order for you to be able to respond to the PQQ.
2. To formally submit an EOI you must firstly download the Applicant Details Spreadsheet (Excel file) located on the Royal Mail Group Website at: http://www.royalmailgroup.com/sites/default/files/applicant_details_spreadsheet_v2.0.xls
3. The Applicant Details Spreadsheet should be completed with the details of your organisation. The spreadsheet format should not be amended in any way. Mandatory information required to be added to the spreadsheet is: Organisation name; Contact Telephone Number for your organisation; First name of the person who will complete the PQQ; Surname of the person who will complete the PQQ; Contact number for the person who will complete the PQQ; Email address of the person who will be completing the PQQ. Please also complete as much of the non-mandatory information as possible.
3. Following completion of your Applicant Details Spreadsheet, please email the spreadsheet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. You will THEN be sent information on how to access the PQQ. The PQQ will be managed using the RMG Electronic Sourcing System (Esourcing).
5. The Pre Qualification Questionaire is accessed via Esourcing. You will need to receive 2 emails in order to participate). Once you have submitted your completed Applicant Details Spreadsheet) you will be provided with your FIRST email (within 48 hours Monday – Friday) which is a log-on to Esourcing, these log-on details shall arrive via RMG@frictionless.com and headed Royal Mail Group RFX. (please do not email this site unless instructed to do so). On receipt of your log-on information you will then be sent a SECOND email (within 24 hours Monday to Friday)from RMG@frictionless.com or RMG, Inviting you to Participate in the PQQ [Name of the PQQ event]. It is at this point that you will be able to fully access the PQQ and start to complete it.
6. The PQQ will close as noted in IV.3.4.
Please note: Your log-on will not be activated until you are formally invited to participate, so please do not try to log-on BEFORE you are invited to do so, since your access will be denied.
7. RMG may require suppliers to supplement or clarify the information submitted in the PQQ and may also undertake its own audit of the supplier to verify the information provided.
8. Tenders and all supporting documentation for the contract must be priced in sterling (unless otherwise specified in the contract documents) and written in English.
9. Any agreement entered into will be considered a contract made in England according to English law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
10. Royal Mail Group is not liable for any costs incurred by those expressing an interest in tendering for this contract opportunity. Royal Mail Group reserves the right to terminate the procurement process (or part of it), to change the basis of and the procedures for the procurement process at any time, or to procure the contract by alternative means if it appears that the contract can be more advantageously procured by alternative means. The most economically advantageous or any tender will not automatically be accepted.
VI.4)Procedures for appeal
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
Precise information on deadline(s) for lodging appeals: Refer to section I.1.
VI.4.3)Service from which information about the lodging of appeals may be obtained
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:8.8.2012