Cyclical Decoration and Painting Framework Edinburgh
The contract incorporates the provision of painting, pre paint repair and cyclical decorating.
United Kingdom-Edinburgh: Painting and glazing work
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Castle Rock Edinvar Housing Association
1 Hay Avenue
For the attention of: Neil Jones
EH16 4RW Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 1772897403
General address of the contracting authority: www.placesforpeople.co.uk
Address of the buyer profile: www.housingprocurement.com
Electronic access to information: www.housingprocurement.com
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.housingprocurement.com
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 1: Maintenance and repair services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Scotland.
NUTS code UKM
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.4)Information on framework agreement
Number of participants to the framework agreement envisaged: 3
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in years: 60
Justification for a framework agreement, the duration of which exceeds four years: 3 years with the option of a further 2 based on annual reviews and performance.
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 350 000 and 1 750 000 GBP
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
associations and a Scottish Charity.
Castle Rock Edinvar own or manage 6 000 homes and works with over 8 000 customers. The contract incorporates the provision of painting, pre paint repair and cyclical decorating
services across Edinburgh Central, Mid/East Lothian, East Dunbartonshire, Edinburgh North and West Lothian/Stirling as well as other potential areas. The stock within these regions is owned and managed by CRE and other Places for People Group companies.
The contract duration is three years plus an extension of two. Potential candidates should note that TUPE may apply to this procurement. In the event that the contracting authority is able to provide TUPE information it will do so acting merely as a conduit of the information and it will not warrant, represent or guarantee the accuracy of any TUPE information provided. As such potential candidates will be expected to take their own advice as to the application of TUPE to this procurement.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
45440000, 45442100, 45442110, 45442120, 45442121, 45442180
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Range: between 350 000 and 1 750 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
Description of particular conditions: Under the contract the service provider and its supply chain will be required to actively participate in the achievement of social and/or environmental policy objectives relating to recruitment and training and supply chain initiatives which are relevant and proportionate to this contract. Accordingly the contract performance conditions may relate in particular to social and environmental considerations. Other conditions of the contract with which the successful company will be required to comply will be set out in the tender documentation.
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years.
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(5) Certificates drawn up by official quality control institutes or agencies of recognised competence attesting the conformity of products clearly identified by references to specifications or standards.
(6) Samples, descriptions and/or photographs, the authenticity of which must be certified if the contracting authority so requests.
(7) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided.
(8) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures;
(9) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities;
(10) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(11) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(12) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
(13) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening of tenders
Date: 30.1.2015 – 13:00
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
Scottish Court Service
EH11 3XD Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 1314443300
Body responsible for mediation procedures
Scottish Court Service
EH11 3XD Edinburgh
VI.4.3)Service from which information about the lodging of appeals may be obtained
Crown Commercial Services
1 Horse Guards Road
SW1A 2HQ London
Telephone: +44 8450004999
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: