Datacentre Hosting Services Contract Birmingham
Datacentre data storage service, available 24/7, to receive data from GP practices, store data and make it available to Birmingham Public Health and MSDi technical services.
Computer and Related Services, Technology and Equipment
Location of contract
Value of contract
14 November 2017
29 November 2017
Contract start date
01 April 2018
Contract end date
31 March 2019
Birmingham City Council requires a supplier for the provision of data hosting services positioned in the N3/HSCN environment. Midlands and Lancashire Commissioning Support Unit are currently commissioned provide a datacentre.
• Datacentre data storage service, available 24/7, to receive data from GP practices, store data and make it available to Birmingham Public Health and MSDi technical services
• Migration of current database to new host following appropriate IG guidelines
• Datacentre N3/HSCN connectivity
• Management of Datacentre support to include disaster recovery
• Provision of a service desk to record, monitor and resolve Datacentre issues and signpost appropriately for resolution
• GP Practice and Birmingham Public Health N3/HSCN connectivity to the Datacentre
• Unattended access for MSDi technical staff to manage data and user access permissions
• The datacentre will be sited within N3/HSCN secure network
This contract will be for a period of 12 months commencing 1st April 2018 until 31st March 2018 with the option to extend for an additional 12 months on 3 occasions. The decision to extend the contract will be based depending on previous performance including the ability of the provider to deliver all orders on time.
BCC will be using its e-tendering system (in-tend) for the administration of this procurement process and providers must register with the system to be able to express an interest. The web address is: https://in-tendhost.co.uk/birminghamcc
Registration and use of In-tend is free. All correspondence for this procurement process must be via the In-tend correspondence function. If you are unable to register with In-tend please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 464 8000.
If you are interested in tendering please click on the following link to access Birmingham City Councils tender Portal: https://in-tendhost.co.uk/birminghamcc/ and submit your details to register as a bidder. We will send you a log on and password so you can download the selection questionnaire. Requests to participate must be by way of completion and return of the selection questionnaire no later than 12:00 hours on 29th November 2017 using the Supplier Portal.
About the buyer
10 Woodcock Street
0121 303 0349
Additional information on how to apply for this contract
If you are interested in tendering please click on the following link to access Birmingham City Council’s tender Portal.
Is a Recurrent Procurement Type? : No
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided.