Delivery of Military Operational Surgical Training to Ministry of Defence
The Directorate of of Healthcare Delivery and Training sources and delivers training to meet the requirements of the Defence Medical Services.
United Kingdom-Glasgow: Medical specialist services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name and addresses
Def Comrcl CC JFC7a, Room1.2.24, Kentigern House, 65 Brown Street
Contact person: David Rankin
Telephone: +44 1412242958
NUTS code: UKM82Internet address(es):Main address: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-defence
I.4)Type of the contracting authority
Section II: Object
Military Operational Surgical Training.
II.1.2)Main CPV code
II.1.3)Type of contract
Delivery of Military Operational Surgical Training (MOST).
II.1.5)Estimated total value
II.1.6)Information about lots
II.2.3)Place of performance
II.2.4)Description of the procurement:
1. The Directorate of of Healthcare Delivery and Training (DHDT) sources and delivers training to meet the requirements of the Defence Medical Services (DMS). As a result of lessons learned from recent conflicts a requirement to improve and enhance the training provided to surgeons, anaesthetists and the wider surgical team has been identified. This training is focused upon and delivered in the main by a five-day Military Operational Surgical Training (MOST) course.
2. The requirement is for the provision of
a. A human cadaveric dissection laboratory, including the supply, preparation and maintenance of un-dissected human cadavers (in accordance with the Human Tissue Act) as well as the required basic surgical instrumentation.
b. A simulation suite enabling the use of programmable mannequins as well as recording and debriefing facilities.
c. A suitable number of classrooms and lecture facilities to meet the numerous timetabled break out sessions.
3. The training will be delivered by a military faculty comprising personnel from DMS and augmented by personnel from other military and civilian backgrounds as required, both from the UK as well as overseas.
4. The DMS will provide the syllabus and all course material for the MOST course. The syllabus will direct the course to use scientific and technical training in the delivery of resuscitation to the critically injured military trauma patient, at all times cognisant of the contingency environment. This will necessarily will include cadaveric anatomical and procedural teaching, revision of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), DMS equipment familiarisation, and delivery and seminars and lectures by DMS-provided Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). Participants, grouped as deploying surgical teams, will revise, rehearse and confirm the technical and non-technical skills associated with delivering effective medical care by the use of simulation training.
5. Potential contractors are invited to recommend local accommodation suitable for the faculty and particpants.
6. The contract will run for 3 years with course dates to be agreed between the contractor and DHDT, with an option to invoke two one year extension at the authority’s discretion.
Suppliers must read through this set of instructions and follow the process to respond to this opportunity.
The information and/or documents for this opportunity are available on https://www.contracts.mod.uk/delta. You must register on this site to respond, if you are already registered you will not need to register again, simply use your existing username and password. Please note there is a password reminder link on the homepage.
Suppliers must log in, go to your Response Manager and add the following Access Code: QD47J2PGFM. Please ensure you follow any instruction provided to you here.
The deadline for submitting your response(s) is 02/01/2018 23:55. Please ensure that you allow yourself plenty of time when responding to this invite prior to the closing date and time, especially if you have been asked to upload documents.
If you experience any difficulties please refer to the online Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) or the User Guides or contact the MOD DCO Helpdesk by emailing — firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 282 324.
II.2.7)Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
II.2.10)Information about variants
II.2.11)Information about options
Consideration will be given to sharing the contract between a maximum of two providers. If 2 providers are awarded the contract, the course will be held alternately at each location.
II.2.13)Information about European Union funds
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.8)Information about the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
IV.2.2)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.2.4)Languages in which tenders or requests to participate may be submitted:
IV.2.7)Conditions for opening of tenders
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.The Authority reserves the right to amend any condition related to security of information to reflect any changes in national law or government policy. If any contract documents are accompanied by instructions on safeguarding classified information (e.g. a Security Aspects Letter), the Authority reserves the right to amend the terms of these instructions to reflect any changes in national law or government policy, whether in respect of the applicable protective marking scheme, specific protective markings given, the aspects to which any protective marking applies, or otherwise. The link below to the Gov.uk website provides information on the Government Security Classification.
Advertising Regime OJEU:- This contract opportunity is published in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU), the MoD Defence Contracts Bulletin and www.contracts.mod.uk GO Reference: GO-20171128-DCB-11481365.
Room 1.2.24, Kentigern House, 65 Brown Street
Telephone: +141 2242958958
VI.4.2)Body responsible for mediation procedures
Room 1.2.24, 65 Brown Street, Kentigern House
Telephone: +44 1412242958
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: