Delivery of Business Workshops in Cumbria
Multiple subject areas: • Data protection • Food photography and/or styling • Speech/presentation writing • Budget management • Negotiation skills.
- Business services: law, marketing, consulting, recruitment, printing and security – 79000000
Location of contract
Value of contract
£10k – £20k
26 June 2018
13 July 2018
Contract start date
01 August 2018
Contract end date
31 December 2018
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Background and aims
We have a need to procure a pool of providers to deliver tactical workshops to Cumbrian SMEs as part of intensive business support programmes aimed at enhancing their growth, competitiveness and profitability.
We are looking, within the pool, for specific topics and for providers to facilitate and present half and full day workshops across Cumbria in line with client needs and interests.
Proposals are welcome from individuals and from organisations.
Subject specific workshops, tailored to suit the needs of Cumbrian SMEs, to be offered as part of intensive support to:
• ERDF eligible businesses (in essence most B2B SMEs) through the ERDF Growth Hub project
• Non ERDF eligible businesses through the Growth Hub provision funded by local authorities (primarily retail, consumer services, agriculture, visitor economy and nuclear)
• Data protection
• Food photography and/or styling
• Speech/presentation writing
• Budget management
• Negotiation skills
• Creative problem solving
• Analytical/strategic thinking
• Broadcast media training
• Document control (specifically for Supply Chain)
• Exploring whether international trade is right for the business
• Online reputation
• Optimising websites for lead generation
• Social media content
• Cyber security essentials
• Appraisals/performance management
• Contract management
• Introduction to company accounts
• First line management
• Preparing quality plans
• Evaluation and developing quality assurance systems
• Risk/resilience management
• Change management
• Business analytics
• Business writing
• Delegation skills
• Employee engagement
• Writing SOPs
• Senior management skills
• Women in leadership
Note: there are also opportunities to work with the Chamber on its commercial offer, Chamber Business Solutions, which we may approach you separately about.
You will be required to:
• Design and deliver your workshop(s) and any supporting materials, branded in line with Chamber/Growth Hub, ERDF and other funder requirements, to be delivered in suitable venues anywhere in the county
• Ensure clients participating in the workshops fully and correctly complete all relevant project paperwork
• Work with the Growth Hub to generate interest in attending the workshops and engage businesses in signing up to support
• Ensure a highly professional service which meets the needs of participants and partners and contributes to the projects’ overall targets.
Topics, locations and timings will be in line with identified client needs and interests.
Venue and refreshment costs will normally be arranged and paid for by the Growth Hub. If your proposal includes venue and refreshments please make this clear and explain your reasoning.
Content of submission
Your submission should cover as a minimum:
• Title, brief description, outline of content and any target audience of the workshop(s) being offered, rationale, proposed o
About the buyer
16-20 Lowther Street
0845 226 0040
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided, or follow the instructions given in the notice description or information section.