Demolition Contract – Trafford Magistrates Court
Site establishment, provision of out of hours security and fencing around the demolition area.
Construction and Real Estate
Location of contract
Value of contract
£450k – £550k
06 September 2017
04 October 2017
Contract start date
30 October 2017
Contract end date
28 February 2018
The HCA wishes to appoint a contractor for the following works (full specification available on ProContract) • Undertaking all works in line with CDM Regulations 2015 as Principal Contractor
• Provide detailed construction management and environmental management plans for works
• Site establishment, provision of out of hours security and fencing around the demolition area
• Identify and Isolate Services entering the site, including substation connections
• Remove of all asbestos containing materials and any other hazardous materials identified in the pre demolition survey
• Soft strip of building including timber, partitions, false ceilings, furnishings, general rubbish, waste, plumbing, electrical equipment, etc.
• Demolition of building down to ground slab level
• Crushing of suitable demolition arising’s to 6F2 highways spec for reuse (with validation of no residual asbestos content and geotechnical grading requirements)
• Protect on site and adjacent trees throughout demolition works
• Provision of digital pre/post demolition photographs of all stages of work for inclusion in Health and Safety File * Erect site safety hoarding to remain after works
About the buyer
Level 1A City Tower
The opportunity can be accessed via the HCA eTendering system. Tenderers wishing to be considered for this contract must register their expression of interest and submit a tender through the HCA eTendering system. If not already registered, candidates should register on the HCA eTendering system at https://procontract.due-north.com/Login
All discussions, meetings and communications will be conducted in English.
The contract will be subject to English law. Tenders and all supporting documents must be priced in GBP and all payments under the contract will be made in GBP.
Contractors must be licensed by the HSE and also be members of the Asbestos Removal Contractors Association (ARCA). In addition to ARCA we also recognise ACAD (Asbestos Control & Abatement Division).
This procurement and award is subject to the transparency arrangements being adopted by the UK Government. These arrangements include the publication of tender documentation issued by the HCA and the contract between the HCA and supplier. Bidders should highlight any areas they consider commercially sensitive in order for the HCA to be able to honour our transparency obligations without undermining the bidders commercial interests.
Candidates are advised that the HCA is subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (“The Act”). If a candidate considers that any of the information supplied as part of this procurement procedure should not be disclosed because of its commercial sensitivity, confidential or otherwise, they must, when providing this information, clearly identify the specific information they do not wish to be disclosed and clearly specify the reasons for its sensitivity. The HCA shall take such statements into consideration in the event that it receives a request pursuant to the Act which relates to the information provided by the interested party. Please note, it is insufficient to include a statement of confidentiality encompassing all the information provided in the response.
The HCA takes a zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption and sets high standards of impartiality, integrity and objectivity in relation to the stewardship of public funds and the management of its activities. The principles contained within this policy apply to both internal and external audiences, including anyone wishing to undertake business or engage with the HCA. Please refer to our Anti-bribery and Corruption Policy by visiting https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/anti-bribery-and-corruption-policy for further information.
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided.