Design and Building of Ships and Boats
Caledonian Maritime Assets Limited is tendering for the detailed design, construction, testing, survey, equipping, completion, and delivery of two ROPAX ferries of one hundred metres length overall.
United Kingdom-Port Glasgow: Ships and boats
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Caledonian Maritime Assets Ltd
Municipal Buildings, Fore Street
Contact point(s): Procurement
For the attention of: Julia Kerr
PA14 5EQ Port Glasgow
Telephone: +44 1475749938
Fax: +44 1475745109
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.cmassets.co.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA12082
Electronic access to information: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Scotland.
NUTS code UK
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
Caledonian Maritime Assets Limited is tendering for the detailed design, construction, testing, survey, equipping, completion, and delivery of two ROPAX ferries of one hundred metres length overall. Delivery of the first vessel is expected to be summer 2017 with the 2nd vessel following on 4 months later.
Queries must be submitted via the Public Contracts Scotland portal.
Queries received through any other channel will not be answered. Should users of Public Contracts Scotland have any problems with the web site they should contact website Support Desk, contact details can be found by following the ‘Contact Us’ option on the left hand menu at:http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/default.aspx
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems. The postbox closes precisely at the time stated.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site at:http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=314874
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the Postbox facility. A user guide is available athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
34500000, 34512100, 34512000, 34512700
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
Post-delivery performance guarantee issued by bank.
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
Description of particular conditions: As indicated in amended BIMCO Newbuildcon standard new-building contract.
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
The invitation to tender will include all technical requirements and minimum requirements. Visits to supplier premises will form part of the evaluation process as outlined in invitation to tender.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Please see the Pre-qualification Questionnaire attached.
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
Submissions can be created and submitted up to the stated tender deadline. Once the deadline has passed submissions can neither be created nor submitted. It is not advisable for Suppliers to wait until the last moment before creating and dispatching a response in case of any last minute problems. Please note large files should be uploaded as early as possible to ensure transfer before deadline. If a Supplier is having problems uploading to the PCS site, then CMAL must be informed well in advance and depending upon the merit of the case, CMAL may arrange for the tender to remain open on the PCS system for a short period after the deadline time stated. System problems do not fall under CMAL’S remit and should be referred to PCS. Suppliers may upload more than one submission if size of submission is an issue. Suppliers are limited to 10 Mb per file and 30 Mb in total per submission. So for example if a supplier has 90 Mb to upload then could do it in 3 submissions and provided the supplier relates the submission together, for example it is 1 of 3 etc. then we will add the submissions together at opening. If suppliers have any problems with upload please contact the PCS Help-desk.
Postbox Security: Postbox submissions cannot be accessed by anyone, including Millstream, (the provider of the Public Contracts Scotland system) until the deadline.
All information submitted to CMAL may need to be disclosed and/or published by CMAL in compliance with the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act, 2002 (FoISA). Even where you have indicated that information is commercially sensitive, CMAL may disclose this information where it sees fit, so that CMAL’s statutory observations are met. Receipt by CMAL of any material marked ‘confidential’ or equivalent should not be taken to mean that CMAL accepts any duty of confidence by virtue of that marking.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: