Economic Research Tender for VisitScotland
Measuring the Economic Impact of the Local Visitor Economy.
UK-Edinburgh: Market and economic research; polling and statistics
Section I: Contracting authority
Ocean Point One, 94 Ocean Drive
Contact point(s): Procurement Manager
For the attention of: Campbell Forsyth
EH6 6JH Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 1415664037
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.visitscotland.org
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00118
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: yes
Accountant in Bankruptcy
Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service
HM Inspectorate of Education
National Archives of Scotland
Scottish Courts Service
Scottish Prison Service
Scottish Public Pensions Agency
Social Work Inspection Agency
Student Awards Agency for Scotland
The Scottish Government Core Directorates
Architecture and Design Scotland
General Teaching Council for Scotland
Highlands and Islands Enterprise
Learning and Teaching Scotland
Local Government Boundary Commission for Scotland
Mental Welfare Commission for Scotland
National Museums of Scotland
Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland
Scottish Arts Council
Scottish Children’s Reporter Administration
Scottish Commission for the Regulation of Care
Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission
Scottish Environment Protection Agency
Scottish Further and Higher Education Funding Council
Scottish Law Commission
Scottish Legal Aid Board
Scottish Natural Heritage
Scottish Qualifications Authority
Scottish Social Services Council
Skills Development Scotland
Aberdeen City Council
Argyll and Bute Council
City of Edinburgh Council
Comhairle nan Eilean Siar
Dumfries and Galloway Council
Dundee City Council
East Ayrshire Council
East Dunbartonshire Council
East Lothian Council
East Renfrewshire Council
Glasgow City Council
Moray Council, The
North Ayrshire Council
North Lanarkshire Council
Orkney Islands Council
Perth and Kinross Council
Scottish Borders Council
Shetland Islands Council
South Ayrshire Council
South Lanarkshire Council
West Dunbartonshire Council
West Lothian Council
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 8: Research and development services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Scotland.
NUTS code UK
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in months: 36
NOTE: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=247268
The awarding authority has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via a ‘Tender Submission Postbox’ facility. Further details of this facility are available at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/PostBox/Postbox_Explain.aspx?ID=247268
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems. The postbox closes precisely at the time stated.
The outputs from this model / product will inform local authorities, national public bodies and stakeholders on the strategic direction of the visitor economy in Scotland. The overarching aim is to make informed decisions regards the future development of local area tourism strategy, based on robust and accountable data.
Description of these options: This contract will be let for an initial 24 month period. The contract may be extended by a further period of up to 12 months solely at the discretion of the Purchaser.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
Reference to project(s) and/or programme(s): There is a potential that European funding may apply.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:11.12.2012