Electrical Services Contract Wolverhampton
To undertake full or partial rewires to void and tenanted properties.
WH/PS130/S4 Provision of Electrical Services
Wolverhampton Homes requires an established, suitably qualified and experienced Contractor to:
• To provide a labour only service to support the current in-house resource at undertaking day to day repairs in void and tenanted properties.
• To undertake full or partial rewires to void and tenanted properties.
• To deliver a 5 year Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) programme plus category 1 outcome repairs to tenanted and void properties.
All works is to be in accordance (where applicable, and as amended), with the following:
• Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 (HSWA)
• Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
• BS 7671: 2008 (2011) as amended; I.E.T. Wiring Regulations 17th Edition
• I.E.T. Guidance Note 3 Inspection & Testing
• I.E.T. Code of Practice for in – service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
• BS 5266-1:2011
• BS 5266-7:1999
• BS 5266-8:2004
• BS EN 1838:1999
• BS EN 50172:2004
• Approved Document L Building Regulations
• Approved Document Part P Building Regulations
• Provision and use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
• Workplace (Health & Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
• The Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994
• Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment Regulations 2006
• (WEEE directive)
• The Housing Act 2004 (England and Wales)
• Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
The Contractor shall only utilise suitably qualified personnel in connection with this contract. Where Apprentices or other trainees are utilised on this contract, they are to be supervised by a suitably qualified person at all times.
In order to maintain service delivery during busy periods, the Contractor may be permitted to utilise sub-contractors in relation to this requirement.
All Sub-Contractors employed by the Contractor must be reviewed and agreed by Wolverhampton Homes prior to commencing any works.
The term of the Contract shall be five years with the option to extend for annually for a further two years subject to satisfactory performance.
All Tenderers must meet the following Pre-Qualification requirements:
• Hold a relevant Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) certificate which includes Construction Contractor, Principal Contractor, CDMC, Designer, and non-Construction as part of the SSIP audit. Please see www.ssip.org.uk
for more details of the relevant schemes.
• All Tenderers must be registered on Constructionline and have a Contract Notation of at least £600K in an appropriate Category. This is based on the estimated total cost of the contract.
• All Tenderers must have Public Liability Insurance of at least £5 million.
• All Tenderers must be registered as a member of the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NICEIC) and/or Electrical Contractors’ Association (ECA) or equivalent approved body for the duration of the contract.
• All Tenderers must ensure that all engineers hold the qualifications listed in the Technical Competency criteria.
• All Tenderers must ensure that any Sub-Contractor employed by the Contractor must be CHAS or equivalent Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) accredited, be suitably qualified and hold the required Insurance levels.
To respond to this opportunity, please click here:
Closing Date: 22/04/2015
Posted by: Emma Hesbrook – Procurement Officer, Wolverhampton Homes
Tel: 01902 552831