Energy Efficiency Surveys Northamptonshire
The appointed consultant will be required to: • Arrange the initial site visit • Survey the site (possibly accompanied by a member of the Council’s team) to identify likely Salix-compliant energy efficiency improvements.
REFERENCE Energy Efficiency Surveys
Awarding body Northamptonshire County Council
|Est. Start Date:||01/04/2013|
|Est. End Date:||30/09/2013|
The Energy and Carbon Management Team in Northamptonshire County Council has a successful track record of identifying, developing and implementing energy efficiency measures and renewable energy projects within its schools portfolio. Although significant works have already been undertaken there is still potential to do more.
Loan finance for new energy efficiency works is available from the Salix Finance Schools and Academies Fund. The Council is seeking to work with a suitably qualified and experienced consultancy to undertake energy efficiency surveys in our schools and academies to support fully-compliant bids for future Salix funding. The survey report must also identify any potential opportunities for renewable energy projects on the site.
The appointed consultant will be required to:
• Arrange the initial site visit
• Survey the site (possibly accompanied by a member of the Council’s team) to identify likely Salix-compliant energy efficiency improvements.
• During the site visit speak to the school’s representative regarding their preferred measures to determine a top five list of projects.
• Confirm with the school their procurement criteria for each of the top five projects
• Produce a schedule of appropriate efficiency measures for each school with a one page summary identifying the five most relevant measures to be investigated further
• Subject to the procurement requirements of the school, agree a list of potential contractors
• Agree the works specification with the Council’s Team and obtain competitive quotations from the required number of contractors for each of the top five measures for each school
• Co-ordinate contractor responses, summarise the quotations, and validate the potential energy savings and report to the Council’s team.
• Deal with any technical queries from the schools including potential visits to Governors meetings to explain costs, potential savings or technologies.
The survey programme is being phased over a period of 6 months starting in April 2013.
This programme will cover 2 batches of 10 schools in each.
|Contract Type||One off|
|Estimated ValueText Description||30000|
|Suitable for SME||YES|
Document Available Until
Submission Return By
Northamptonshire County Council