Event Management Services for Leicester City Council
Leicester City Council wishes to procure the services of a suitably qualified and experienced Event Management Organisation to aid the staging of the 2015 Ride Leicester Festival.
- Leicester City Council
- TAN0225 – Ride Leicester Event Management Services
- Leicester City Council (LCC) wishes to procure the services of a suitably qualified and experienced Event Management Organisation to aid the staging of the 2015 Ride Leicester Festival consisting of the Castle Classic race and challenge programme planned for Saturday 15th and Sunday August 16th and Sky Ride Leicester mass participation family cycle ride planned for Sunday 30th August.
The successful tenderer will act as Event Coordinators and will be required to work with the Ride Leicester Festival Project Team to prepare and implement the Castle Classic and Sky Ride Leicester events. The key service objectives are listed below:
Planning, preparation, risk assessment and all aspects of Health & Safety for both major events excluding that directly related to traffic management.
Responsible for practical action to advise, plan & carry out Event Management Plans for both events agreed with Leicester City Council & British Cycling.
Support for other events taking place as part of Ride Leicester, including advice, planning and support services
Responsible for provision of Event Management Services including:
· Stewarding and Security
· Traffic Management and Marshalling
· Volunteer Briefing and Training
· First aid provision (for Castle Classic this includes competitors)
· Crowd control barriers and fencing provision
· Event signage – directional signage for cyclists attending and hazard warning signage on both courses
· Staging and PA provision
· Park and Street Cleansing
· Welfare services including lost children and vulnerable adults provision
· Radio communications
· For Castle Classic – provision of Race Director
Responsible for scheduling and hosting event planning meetings with Leicester based Multi-agency Partners and other relevant colleagues. Including; Leicestershire Police, Fire Service, East Midlands Ambulance Service, First aid provider, City Council Traffic Management, Security provider, Traffic Management provider, Festival and Events Unit and other agencies or delivery partners working on behalf of Leicester City Council, British Cycling and Sky, where appropriate. The final requirements are subject to detailed discussions with all the above agencies.
Assist the Project Manager with event activity procurement purchases, scheduling and co-ordination of suppliers & partners.
The operational delivery for both events
- Miss Lisa Brownbridge
- Email Address:
- 0116 4544033
- City Hall (4th Floor)
115 Charles Street
- 15/04/2015 12:56
- 01/05/2015 12:00
- 12 (months)
- 24 (months)