Executive Recruitment – Invitation to Quote
Executive search for the following position: Met Office Chair.
Construction and Real Estate, Printing and Publishing
Location of contract
Value of contract
07 June 2017
20 June 2017
Contract start date
03 July 2017
Contract end date
31 October 2017
*Please do not respond directly to the buyer. Please Note: Tender will close at 11:00 on 20/06/2017
BEIS are looking to appoint a new Chair to work closely with the full-time Chief Executive of the Met Office. The role of Chair is pivotal and demands effective strategic leadership of the Board. The Chair has many responsibilities for providing first-rate strategic leadership on matters including:
• Leading the Board by facilitating a high standard of discussion, allowing it to steer the Met Office through collective working, ensuring that systems are in place to provide Board members with appropriate support and the timely, relevant information required for them to perform their role.
• Leading the Board to support and challenge the Executive Team in setting the strategic direction of the organisation, including advising on organisational targets and priorities.
• Leading on the appointment, induction, and assessment of non-Executive Board Members to ensure a strong Board with a range of skills, and being actively involved in the appointment and performance assessment of the Chief Executive.
• Providing the Minister and BEIS Sponsor with the Board’s perspective on strategic matters and other relevant issues as required, this includes ensuring that the Board takes proper account of guidance provided by the Minister and Secretary of State for BEIS.
The appointed search and recruitment firm will be required to deliver search requirements for the vacancy in order for the successful applicant to be appointed by October 2017. This post is currently not regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments (OCPA). However, the campaign process will still follow the best practice according to those appointment principles.
The successful bidder will be required to:
• Attend planning meetings and discuss search and campaign requirements with the Independent Panel Member(s), both appointment teams and other key stakeholders to agree the search, advertising strategies and timetable;
• Provide search and selection services ensuring a strong and diverse field of candidates;
• Give support and advice on the preparation of recruitment documents and ensure applicant packs are made available in alternative formats if requested;
• To respond to requests for applications via post and e-mail. To receive, log and acknowledge applications about the post and answer any queries by email or telephone;
• Advise on advertising text and negotiating with media on prices for placing external adverts, plus placing advert; and bringing the advert to the attention of names of potential applicants (the team are considering the following publications/websites for advertisements: Times and any other publications/websites which are relevant to the vacant position;
• Provide weekly campaign updates and statistics on the search and selection, including diversity; and
• Attend a wash up meeting after the advertisement closes to discuss the pool of candidates and debrief.
About the buyer
PS17121 AW5.2 Price Schedule Approved
PS17121 ITQ Invitation to Quote approved (2)
PS17121 ITQ Invitation to Quote questions Approved
PS17121-S1-Services purchasing contract Approved
UK Shared Business Services eSourcing As part of the strategic alliance between UK Shared Business Services Ltd (UK SBS) and Crown Commercial Service (CCS), UK SBS can use the CCS eSourcing Suite for future procurements. If you have not yet registered on the eSourcing Suite, this can be done online at https://gpsesourcing.cabinetoffice.gov.uk by following the link ‘Register for CCS eSourcing’. Please note that, to register, you must have a valid DUNS number (as provided by Dun and Bradstreet) for the organisation which you are registering, who will be entering into a contract if invited to do so. Once you have registered on the eSourcing Suite, a registered user can express an interest for a specific procurement. This is done by emailing email@example.com Your email must clearly state: the name and reference for the procurement you wish to register for; the name of the registered Bidder; and the name and contact details for the registered individual sending the email. Crown Commercial Service will process the email and then enable the Bidder to access the procurement online via the e-Sourcing Suite. The registered user will receive a notification email to alert them once this has been done. The Sourcing documents can then be accessed on the eSourcing Suite at: https://gpsesourcing.cabinetoffice.gov.uk using the instructions detailed in the Specification documents within Contracts Finder. As a user of the e-Sourcing Suite you will have access to Emptoris email messaging service which facilitates all messages sent to you and from you in relation to any specific RFX event. Please note it is your responsibility to access these emails on a regular basis to ensure you have sight of all relevant information. For technical assistance on use of the e-Sourcing Suite please contact Crown Commercial Service Helpdesk : Telephone: 0345 010 3503 Training documents to support Bidders utilise Emptoris CCS eSourcing are available in the Contracts Finder Tender documents section.
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided.