Expression of Interest to Supply Social Care Software
To include design, development, installation and commissioning of systems, ongoing support and maintenance and some related business process services.
United Kingdom-Newbury: Software package and information systems
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
West Berkshire District Council
Council Offices, Market Street
Contact point(s): Legal Services
For the attention of: Contracts and Procurement Officer
RG14 5LD Newbury
Telephone: +44 1635519415
Fax: +44 1635519431
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.westberks.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.mytenders.org/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA0303
Electronic access to information: http://www.mytenders.org
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: http://www.mytenders.org
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 7: Computer and related services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Newbury, Berkshire, UK.
NUTS code UKJ11
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The scope of this procurement is not intended for the supply of common or commodity software such as office suite or security software or enterprise back office software applications that are used across the public sector such as ERP systems or CRM. These systems can or will be procured via other existing or proposed arrangements.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the myTenders Web Site athttp://www.myTenders.org/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=149553
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the Postbox facility. A user guide is available athttp://www.myTenders.org/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
48000000, 48100000, 48200000, 48300000, 48900000, 80000000, 50324100, 72000000, 72200000, 72210000, 72220000, 72250000, 72260000,72300000, 72400000, 72500000, 75112000, 79512000, 80533000, 30211300
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
See the Outline Requirement in the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire document for further information.
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 1 000 000 and 1 500 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
Candidates will be assessed in accordance with Regulation 25 of the Public Contracts Regulations 2006. Please refer to the PQQ for further information.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Based upon the selection criteria stated within the Technical Questions provided with the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire.
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
1. Applicants must register on the Council’s Procurement Portal — http://mytenders.org Once registered candidates will be able to download the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ).
2. Once an applicant is registered, all communication in respect of this procurement must be submitted via the Procurement Portal.
3. It is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure that it complies with all of the requirements set out in the PQQ. Failure to submit a compliant PQQ response before the response deadline (12:00 on 8.4.2015) will result in exclusion from the procurement process.
4. Applicants are advised to allow adequate time for despatching documents well in advance of the deadline to avoid any last minute problems.
5. Any change in the identity, control of or relationships within an applicant (including any change in the membership of a consortium) or any member of a consortium that occurs after your PQQ response has been submitted, must be promptly notified in writing to the Council. The Council may, in its absolute discretion, decide that the changes disqualify/preclude the applicant from any further participation in the procurement process. The Council reserves the right to request such further information as it considers reasonably necessary in relation to any change that comes to its attention.
6. The Council reserves the right to disqualify any applicant where, in its absolute discretion, it believes that there is any actual or potential conflict of interest if the applicant takes part in the procurement process and/or should the applicant be successful in this procurement process. Actual or potential conflicts of interest include those that come to the Council’s attention other than as a result of you notifying us of those conflicts. All such actual or potential conflicts must be resolved to the Council’s satisfaction in order for the Council to consider you remaining as part of the procurement process. Failure to declare any conflict and/or failure to address such conflicts to the reasonable satisfaction of the Council may result in you being disqualified. You accept a continuing obligation throughout the procurement process to notify the Council of any changes, which includes any new actual or potential conflicts arising.
7. Please note that conflicts of interest can include (without limitation):
a. conflicts that arise from professional or personal connections between you or your staff and the Council or any of the Council’s staff; or
b. situations where you are connected to multiple PQQ responses including (without limit) a response in your own name and as a subcontractor and/or as a consortia member.
8. In the event of a dispute as to whether any matter gives rise to an actual or potential conflict the Council’s decision is final.
9. Applicants should note that the Council reserves the right to:
a. Cancel this procurement at any stage;
b. Not to award a contract;
c. Accept all or part of any tender unless the applicant/bidder expressly stipulates otherwise;
d. Make any changes it sees fit to the procurement process;
e. Disqualify any applicant found to have misrepresented the facts in relation to its responses to any question within the PQQ response;
f. Remove and/or amend element(s) from scope of the requirements; and/or
g. Seek clarification or verification from an applicant/bidder at any time during the procurement process (but is under no obligation to do so).
10. In no circumstances will the Council be liable for any costs incurred by applicants associated with this procurement process.
11. During the tender period, tenderers will be required to maintain the tender for a period of 4 months from the date stated for receipt of tender.
12. The contract duration will be 10 years.
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
Head of Legal Services
West Berkshire District Council, Council Offices, Market Street
RG14 5LD Newbury
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: