Extra Care Services Blackburn and Darwen Council
24 hour care and support, available at all times.
- Blackburn with Darwen
- Extra Care Services
- The provision of extra care at the seven services across the borough of Blackburn with Darwen.
Extra Care Housing provides a preventative approach to supporting people to retain independence, choice and control and provides a viable alternative to residential care home placements, key elements of Extra Care schemes include:
· 24 hour care and support, available at all times;
· security of tenure deriving either from an assured tenancy or lease with the right to control access to their own property;
· independent living by providing individually tenanted and self contained accommodation and services that are tailored to be flexible and responsive to changing need;
· the option to provide opportunities for social interaction and community engagement;
· an ethos that promotes self-determination, enabling and independence;
· a model of supported housing rather than residential care.
- Ms Liz Williams
- Email Address:
- 01254 666893
- Floor 4
- 09/04/2015 10:58
- 11/05/2015 16:00
- 24 (months)
- 12 (months)