Facilities Management Services Aberdeen
1) Management — The Contractor will provide a Property and Facilities Manager and appropriate on-site support team to provide the services including the provision of 24 hour emergency call out services.
United Kingdom-Aberdeen: Building and facilities management services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
North East Scotland College
Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate
Contact point(s): Procurement
For the attention of: Colin Brodie
AB25 1BN Aberdeen
Telephone: +44 3003305550
Fax: +44 1224612001
General address of the contracting authority: www.nescol.ac.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00442
Electronic access to information: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 14: Building-cleaning services and property management services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: North East Scotland.
NUTS code UKM5
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The following services are in scope:
1) Management — The Contractor will provide a Property and Facilities Manager and appropriate on-site support team to provide the services including the provision of 24 hour emergency call out services. The management and monitoring of services provided by external contractors and suppliers including all sub-contractors engaged by the College is a key aspect of the specification. Direct management and provision of the following services are also included: management of the College property, transport fleet, estates records and cleaning services;
2) Property and Facilities Management Services — The Contractor will deliver a comprehensive property management and maintenance service and advise on expenditure within the College’s budget provision. Services will also include the provision of a manned service desk, a team of expert property inspectors and relevant trained specialists, access to professional services such as Surveyors, Architects and Engineers. The Contractor will provide the following appropriately trained tradespersons on-site: Electricians, Plumber, Painter, Joiners, Engineer, HVAC resource and Handyperson. Other services include: Revenue Monitoring System, Response Repair and Emergency Repairs, Planned Maintenance of Plant, Services and Equipment, Property Management Services, Energy Management and Auditing, Electrical and Technical Maintenance, HSE Monitoring and Auditing and Asbestos Management Services. The Contractor will also select appropriate third party contractors to complete PPM and reactive tasks to types of work such as: Hot water heating systems, air conditioning, water treatments, CCTV, pest control, emergency lighting equipment, fire and intruder alarms etc.;
3) Cleaning Services — The Contractor will provide a full cleaning service across all the College estate including all daily and periodical cleaning as required. External and internal window cleaning is included along with external cleaning and maintenance of all access and egress areas. High level cleaning of craft workshops is also included along with the provision and servicing of dust control mats and all janitorial supplies.
The current facilities management services contract ends on the 31.7.2015 and the College intends to appoint a service provider for the 3 years beginning 1.8.2015 and ending 27.7.2018. Subject to satisfactory performance and agreement between both Parties, there will be 2 single year options to extend the contract.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=331903
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
79993000, 90911200, 79993100
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 3 000 000 and 5 000 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: Subject to satisfactory performance and agreement between both Parties, there will be 2 single year options to extend the contract.
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 12 (from the award of the contract)
II.2.3)Information about renewals
Number of possible renewals: 2
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years.
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(4) Certificates drawn up by official quality control institutes or agencies of recognised competence attesting the conformity of products clearly identified by references to specifications or standards.
(5) Samples, descriptions and/or photographs, the authenticity of which must be certified if the contracting authority so requests.
(6) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided.
(7) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures.
(8) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities.
(9) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(10) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
(11) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Assessed responses to the attached PQQ documentation.
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: In 3 years unless the options to extend are taken up, in which case, at 5 years.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: