Facility Management Services to National Records of Scotland
The National Records of Scotland wishes to appoint a service provider to provide full hard and soft Facility Management Services for their properties.
United Kingdom-Edinburgh: Property management services of real estate on a fee or contract basis
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
National Records of Scotland
Ladywell House, Ladywell Road
For the attention of: Jane Anderson
EH12 7TF Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 1313144633
Fax: +44 1313144256
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.nrscotland.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00474
Electronic access to information: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 1: Maintenance and repair services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Edinburgh and Dumfries.
NUTS code UKM
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The initial contract will therefore cover 5 buildings in Edinburgh (3 of which are Category ‘A’ listed and 1 Archival Storage Facility) and 1 in Dumfries.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information, please visit the Public Contracts Scotland website at:http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=408401
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the postbox facility. A user guide is available at:http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
70330000, 70332000, 70332200, 90710000, 90500000, 90911000, 77314000
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 800 000 and 1 400 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: The Services will be for a period of 48 months with 2 optional 12 month extensions.
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
A consortium which is awarded the contract must be a legal entity before entering into the contract or that each member is jointly and severally liable.
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed or a member of the relevant organisation in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities, which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years.
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff and those of the person (s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community EcoManagement and Audit Scheme (EMAS) or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(5) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the service providers intends possibly to subcontract.
(6) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract, particularly those responsible for quality control whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(7) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
(8) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated below
1. Quality. Weighting 70
2. Price. Weighting 30
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: 48 to 70 months.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: