Fire station Construction Work Kent
New Fire Station and Road Safety Centre at Rochester and New Fire Station at Medway.
UK-Maidstone: Fire station construction work
Section I: Contracting authority
Kent and Medway Towns Fire Authority
The Godlands, Straw Mill Hill, Tovil, Kent
For the attention of: Elizabeth Ward
ME14 6XB Maidstone
Telephone: +44 1622692121-6567
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: Pick Everard
Halford House, Charles Street
LE1 1HA Leicester
Internet address: www.pickeverard.co.uk
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: ProContract
Please see advertisement on www.businessportal.southeastiep.gov.uk
Section II: Object of the contract
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Rochester Fire Station (Proposed site):
Land at Marconi Way, Rochester, Kent
Medway Fire Station:
Watling Street, Chatham, Kent, ME5 7HG
NUTS code UKJ
Rochester Fire Station:
Road Safety Centre
Medway Fire Station:
Rochester Fire Station
It is proposed to incorporate three functions within the one building:
1 – Whole time (24/7) Fire Station
2 – Road safety centre
3 – Kent Fire and Rescue Service (KFRS) staff driver training facility
– Maximum of 3 appliance bays with a tandem arrangement for an additional enclosed parking of a further 3 vehicles
– Open plan office areas
– BA Servicing area
– Area for Station End Equipment/Alerter Charging
– Storage area for PPE
– Locker area for workwear for approx 50 staff
– Drying facility for PPE, lines, dry suits etc.
– Showers and toilets
– General use area for storage and servicing fire fighting equipment
– Sufficient car parking for staff as identified above
– Food preparation areas
– Generator hook up
– External power supplies
– Vehicle washing area with water recovery
– Refueling facility
– Storage areas for training equipment, resources and records.
– Training classrooms
– External training facilities for 13.5 metre ladders and 4 x pump exercises
– Training building for exercises and line rescue training
Road Safety Centre
A dedicated Road Safety Education Centre (RSEC) will provide a central facility for the delivery of quality road safety awareness programmes at a county level, with the potential to work more closely with partner agencies, the primary aim of which will be to reduce the number of people killed and seriously injured on Kent’s roads.
– A range of ‘age specific’ road safety education programmes
– Practical RTC demonstrations
– Interactive displays/activities
– Road safety presentations
It is proposed to create three themed zones within the RSEC. Each of these zones will consist of static displays, interactive media stations, wall mounted displays including TV monitors and headphone facilities, walk through exhibitions and an area to talk to visitors. The three themed interactive zones will focus on the following:-
– Speed awareness
– Hazard perception
– Driver distractions including the use of mobile phone, peer pressure and music in a vehicle.
A 100 seat lecture theatre
– IT suite for 40 people, via 20 two-person work stations.
– Dedicated space for vending machines and seating area for up to 50 people
– Food preparation areas for both station and service personnel
– Provision for 100 people, including DDA compliant facilities
– Toilet, shower, changing and locker areas for all personnel.
– Provision of parking for 4 coaches
– Parking for up to 50 cars
– Vehicle manoeuvring area for Driver Training
– Garaging for 4 vehicles
– All weather wash down area with water recycling facility
Electric vehicle charging point(s)
Medway Fire Station
It is proposed to provide the following accommodation within the new Fire Station:
– Tandem appliance bay to provide parking for four vehicles
– Covered wash
– PPE storage for 57 personnel
– Shower, toilet and locker facilities for 57 personnel
– BA servicing area
– Drying Room
– Battery charging area
– Store rooms
– Cleaners cupboard complete with sink and storage for materials
– Open plan reception area
– Quiet /Break Out rooms
– Communications Room
– Plant Room
– Sleeping pods for eight personnel
– Pole drop
– Food preparation and dining area
– Training Room
– Open Plan office accommodation
– Meeting space
– Tea/Light refreshment prep areas
– Male and Female toilets
– Parking for 15 vehicles
– Training House
– RTC cutting area
– Fuel tank (10,000 litres)
– Generator hook up
– External charging point
The accommodation will be over two floors and located on Watling Street, Chatham. The Fire Station will be a whole time shift station (24/7). Parking will be to the rear of the station. An existing Drill Tower will remain as part of the training facilities.
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 9 000 000 and 15 000 000 GBP
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(a) is bankrupt or is being wound up, where his affairs are being administered by the court, where he has entered into an arrangement with creditors, where he has suspended business activities or is in any analogous situation arising from a similar procedure under national laws and regulations;
(b) is the subject of proceedings for a declaration of bankruptcy, for an order compulsory winding up the administration by the court or of an arrangement with creditors or of any other similar proceedings under national laws and regulations;
(c) has been convicted by a judgment which has the force of res judicata in accordance with the legal provisions of the country of any offence concerning his professional conduct;
(d) has been guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means which the contract authorities can demonstrate;
(e) has not fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which he is established or with those of the country of the contracting authority;
(f) has not fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which he is established or with those of the country of the contracting authority;
(g) is guilty of serious misrepresentation in supplying the information required under this Section or has not supplied such information;
(h) has been the subject of a conviction for participation in a criminal organization, as defined in Article 2(1) of Council Joint Action 98/733/JHA;
(i) has been the subject of a conviction for corruption, as defined in Article 3 of the Council Act of 26 May 1972 and Article 3(1) of Council Joint Action 98/742/JHA3 respectively;
(j)has been the subject of a conviction for fraud within the meaning of Article 1 of the Convention relating to the protection of the financial interests of the European Communities;
(k) has been the subject of a conviction for money laundering, as defined in Article 1 of Council Directive 91/308/EEC of 10 June 1991 on prevention of the use of the financial system for the purpose of money laundering.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
This opportunity will be completed electronically via ProContract, a site run by Due North. Interested organisations should go to www.businessportal.southeastiep.gov.uk to register and express interest. This opportunity will advertised under Kent County Council.
The closing date for expressions of interest only is 17.00 hours on 6th March 2013. Expressions of Interest received after this date will not be accepted.
The Pre-Qualification Questionnaire will be made available to all those companies who successfully expressed interest shortly after the closing date of 17.00 hours on 6 March 2013.
Once you have successfully expressed interest via the portal you will be sent an email directing you to the ProContract site. This email should be retained, as it will contain your direct link to the ProContract portal. For information purposes only the link is www.businessportal.southeastiep.gov.uk/procontract/supplier.nsf – do not use this link now.
Tenderers should also note that final submissions of both PQQ and Tender must be made via ProContract, no other submission route is permitted. Failure to follow this path may result in the tender submission being disregarded.
All documents pertaining to this opportunity will be available for download via the Procontract portal when advised but not before 6 March 2013..
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:28.1.2013