Framework Contract for Asbestos Surveying and Removal
Lot 1 Asbestos Surveying – Management, Refurbishment and Surveys, Re-Inspection Surveys, Sample Analysis and any bespoke requirements. Lot 2 Asbestos Removal/Remediation Works. Lot 3 Compliance Air Monitoring, Reassurance Monitoring and Enclosure Clearances.
- London Borough of Ealing
- Framework Contract for Asbestos Surveying, Removal, Remediation and Compliance Air Monitoring.
- To assist Framework users manage their duties in regard of asbestos, Ealing Council is seeking to set up Frameworks for the following work streams:
Lot 1 Asbestos Surveying – Management, Refurbishment and Surveys, Re-Inspection Surveys, Sample Analysis and any bespoke requirements.
Lot 2 Asbestos Removal/Remediation Works.
Lot 3 Compliance Air Monitoring, Reassurance Monitoring and Enclosure Clearances.
The Council is seeking to make this Framework available to all Ealing Borough Council Departments for work directly accountable to the Ealing Estate/Portfolio. Also to the London Borough of Hounslow and ALMO Hounslow Homes and the London Borough of Harrow via access agreements.between Ealing Borough Council and these Councils.
Ealing will make this Contract available to the named borough councils and LCSG (London Contracts & Supplies Group) should they wish to use it to call off from via local access agreements. Where other boroughs are calling off the framework there may be local variations to the call off arrangements
Authorities who have expressed an interest:
London Borough of Hounslow
Hounslow ALMO Homes
London Borough of Harrow
LCSG is a collaborative group comprising several Contracting Authorities that are based in and around London. It currently has approximately 70 Contracting Authorities listed as LCSG member organisations, of which the London Borough of Ealing is one. For LCSG member details and more information on the LCSG please visit the following website at http://www.lcsg.org/site/memorg.htm
Third Party Contractor co-operation
From time to time framework user will require contractors appointed via this Framework to work alongside third party contractors also appointed by framework users for works to properties where asbestos may be present and also to work alongside contractors appointed to other lots of this Framework.
Third party contractors will not be able to instruct or call off this Framework for any works.
Scope of Works
The Framework will cover for the provision of asbestos repair/encapsulation, removal and survey works and compliance air monitoring services necessary for the Council to safely and effectively manage asbestos within its building stock.
The Council building stock is of a varied age, size & condition and includes but is not limited to the following property types/uses;
• Educational premises
• Leisure Centres
• Residential homes
• Day centres
• Shop units
• Social Housing stock
• Community Centres
The Council’s priorities in addressing the risks from asbestos include:
• Undertaking appropriate surveys to identify the presence, the volume, the condition and risk of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs) in its premises.
• Undertaking reactive repairs / removal because of damage.
• Undertaking reactive repairs / removal because of other work.
• Undertaking removal because of refurbishment projects.
• Undertake appropriate compliance and reassurance air monitoring of all instances where the known risk of disturbing asbestos exists.
Typical Projects include:
• Environmental cleans – Where asbestos debris is required to be cleaned following either poor previous work or due to damaged components in all types of properties.
• Encapsulation – Where asbestos materials have been damaged by a variety of causes and there is a potential for the release of asbestos into the atmosphere
• Removal – Where asbestos has been damaged beyond repair or has to be removed to facilitate other works.
• Surveys – To determine the location of asbestos products prior to refurbishment or to assist in the expedition of the Council’s management plan.
- Mrs Kantie Gill
- Email Address:
- 3rd Floor Perceval House
14-16 Uxbridge Road
- 19/05/2014 11:30
- 27/06/2014 16:00
- 48 (months)
- 0 (months)
- Express an interest online