Framework for Supply of Temporary Staff
HGV Drivers, Refuse Loaders, Street and Beach Cleaning, Plant and Equipment operators.
United Kingdom-Margate: Supply services of personnel including temporary staff
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Thanet District Council
PO Box 9, Cecil Street
Contact point(s): Procurement and Contracts
For the attention of: Manuella Chapman
CT9 1XZ Margate
Telephone: +44 1843577000
General address of the contracting authority: www.thanet.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.mytenders.org/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA1166
Electronic access to information: www.kentbusinessportal.org.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: Thanet District Council
Internet address: www.kentbusinessportal.org.uk
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 22: Personnel placement and supply services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Various sites with the area of Thanet.
NUTS code UKJ4
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.4)Information on framework agreement
maximum number of participants to the framework agreement envisaged: 5
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in years: 4
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 1 900 000 and 2 750 000 GBP
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
Framework agreement for the supply of temporary agency staff for the following work categories: Waste Collection — HGV Drivers, Refuse Loaders, Street and Beach Cleaning, Plant and Equipment operators, drivers (up to 7.5 t), LGV Drivers, General Delivery Persons, Grounds Maintenance — Grass Cutting, Gardeners, Grave Diggers.
Note: to register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the myTenders Web Site athttp://www.myTenders.org/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=168037
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
Description of particular conditions: The selected economic operator will be required to perform the services to the required standards set out in the ITT and accompanying documentation. The successful economic operators will be required as a condition of contract to comply with the Authority’s terms and conditions.
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: Minimum levels as set out in the invitation to tender documentation.
Minimum levels as set out in the invitation to tender documentation+.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
Section VI: Complementary information
The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SME’s). However any selection of tenderers will be based soley on the criteria set out for the procurement and the contract will be awarded on the basis of the most economically advantageous tender. The process seeks to select operators offering the appropriate capability, capacity and competency. The Authority reserves the right not to conclude any contracts, to change without notice the procedure for awarding contracts, to reject all or any bids for the contracts, to terminate discussions will all or any interested parties and/or to stop the process without any liability on its part. Tenders must be receipted by the deadline as indicated in the Invitation to Tender documentation. All communications shall be in English (or a full translation provided at no cost to the Authority). Tenders and all supporting documentation must be priced in Sterling and all payments under the Contract will be in Sterling. Any contract or agreement resulting from acceptance of the Invitation to Tender ITT) will be a Contract made in England according to English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. The Authority does not bind itself to accept any tender and reserves the right to accept any part of any tender.
No contract capable of acceptance will be created between the Authority and any party until a contract is executed between the authority and the selected provider. Applicants are liable for all of their own costs in participating in this process. For more information including access to the full suite of procurement documentation please visit the Kent Business Portal(KBP) at: www.kentbusinessportal.org.uk
Applicants must first register on the KBP as per the instruction and must express interest against the notice ahead of downloading of documentation. Full instructions including process information and timescales are contained within the procurement documentation.
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
Royal Court of Justice
Telephone: +44 207947600
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.4.3)Service from which information about the lodging of appeals may be obtained
SW1A 2AS London
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: