Grounds Maintenance Services Devon
Provision of a grounds maintenance service to include horticultural work the majority of which is grass cutting at varying frequencies, hedge cutting and shrub bed maintenance.
UK-Tavistock: grounds maintenance services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
West Devon Borough Council
For the attention of: Stuart Jellings/Jill Skelton
PL19 0BZ Tavistock
Telephone: +44 1822813654
Fax: +44 1803861545
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.westdevon.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
Regional or local authority
General public services
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: no
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
Provision of Grounds Maintenance Services.
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 27: Other services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: West Devon Borough.
NUTS code UKK4
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
The notice involves a public contract
II.1.4)Information on framework agreement
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
Provision of a grounds maintenance service to include horticultural work the majority of which is grass cutting at varying frequencies, hedge cutting and shrub bed maintenance. The maintenance required includes housing estates, sheltered housing sites, Council buildings, car parks, play areas, closed graveyards, leisure centres and vacant land. The provision of highway verge grass cutting and horticultural maintenance of specified areas of the public highway is also included.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
The contract is covered by the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA): yes
This contract is divided into lots: no
II.1.9)Information about variants
Variants will be accepted: no
II.2)Quantity or scope of the contract
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
2 year contract with 2 further annual renewal periods subject to satisfactory performance
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 200 000,00 and 400 000,00 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: 2 further annual extension periods
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 24 (from the award of the contract)
II.2.3)Information about renewals
This contract is subject to renewal: no
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Starting 1.4.2013. Completion 31.3.2017
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1)Conditions relating to the contract
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
Bond and surety will be required from successful tenderers. Tenderers will be subjected to stringent selection criteria including financial status, professional and business standing, and health, safety and environmental policies.
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
The performance of the contract is subject to particular conditions: yes
Description of particular conditions: As detailed in the tender documentation.
III.2)Conditions for participation
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: (1) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they are not bankrupt or the subject of an administration order, are not being wound-up, have not granted a trust deed, are not the subject of a petition presented for sequestration of their estate, have not had a receiver, manager or administrator appointed and are not otherwise apparently insolvent.
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
Membership of a relevant trade association or associations would be an advantage.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: (1) All candidates will be required to provide a reference from their bank.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met:
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years.
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract.
(3) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures.
(4) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(5) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate technical competence in terms of their own and their staff’s capability to carry out the work.
III.2.4)Information about reserved contracts
III.3)Conditions specific to services contracts
III.3.1)Information about a particular profession
Execution of the service is reserved to a particular profession: no
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Legal persons should indicate the names and professional qualifications of the staff responsible for the execution of the service: yes
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
IV.1.3)Reduction of the number of operators during the negotiation or dialogue
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated in the specifications, in the invitation to tender or to negotiate or in the descriptive document
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
An electronic auction will be used: no
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
Time limit for receipt of requests for documents or for accessing documents: 1.10.2012 – 12:00
Payable documents: no
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
8.10.2012 – 12:00
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening tenders
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
This is a recurrent procurement: no
VI.2)Information about European Union funds
The contract is related to a project and/or programme financed by European Union funds: no
The Council will include obligations within the contract documentation relating to workforce matters. These obligations will require the service provider to protect the terms and conditions (including pensions) of transferring staff and to employ new joiners on terms and conditions that are overall not less favourable than those of transferred employees and to give them reasonable pension arrangements. Service providers will be required to take account of these obligations in preparing the contract.
VI.4)Procedures for appeal
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
Kilworthy Park Drake Road
PL19 0BZ Tavistock
Telephone: +44 1822813524
Body responsible for mediation procedures
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.4.3)Service from which information about the lodging of appeals may be obtained
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:16.8.2012