Grounds Maintenance Services – Northamptonshire Request for Quotation
Northamptonshire County Council is looking for quotations for Grounds Maintenance Services at its x9 closed landfill sites.
- Planting and maintenance services of green areas – 77310000
- Sports fields maintenance services – 77320000
- Tree pruning and hedge trimming – 77340000
Location of contract
Value of contract
03 April 2019
26 April 2019
Contract start date
01 June 2019
Contract end date
31 May 2020
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Northamptonshire County Council is looking for quotations for Grounds Maintenance Services at its x9 closed landfill sites located across Northamptonshire. PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE CONTRACTOR SITE VISITS AT GAYTON AND CORBY CLOSED LANDFILL SITES ON 15TH APRIL. PLEASE CONTACT SUSAN PAYNE IS YOU WISH TO ATTEND. Each landfill site has above ground assets consisting of monitoring boreholes, leachate & gas extraction wells and other plant and equipment. The size of the sites range from 0.8 to 13 hectares and predominantly consists of rough grassland bordered by hedges, trees and bramble scrub.
Tasks to include:
A. Routine work:
1. Strimming around monitoring points and other assets
2. Mowing large areas of rough pasture
3. Mowing paths through the rough pasture
4. Cutting back of woody shrubs, hedges and tree branches along internal access roads and perimeter fencing
5. Strimming back of areas of brush/bramble
B. Ad-hoc work (examples below)
6. Repair or replacement of metal or timber fencing
7. Repair or replacement of metal or timber gates
8. Repair, replacement or installation of timber stiles
9. Laying of small areas of hardcore/quarry scalpings surfacing
10. Small concrete repairs/re-setting of manhole covers
11. Litter picking and collection & disposal of fly-tipped rubbish
Frequency of the routine work will be mostly weather dependant but is predicted, based on previous years that each site will need to be visited for routine maintenance at least twice during the months between late spring and early autumn. To give an indication, in recent years routine visits have been undertaken in May and August, to coincide with the quarterly environmental monitoring undertaken in June and September. Please note that there are no guarantees as to how many routine visits will be required by the Council and call offs will be made as and when required.
About the buyer
One Angel Square
Request for quotation
Terms & conditions
Grounds maintenance plans
Please note there are contractor site visits at Corby and Gayton closed landfill sites on 15th April. Please contact Susan Payne at the following email address email@example.com if you wish to attend.
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided, or follow the instructions given in the notice description or information section.