Housing Services Contracts London
Housing Services Contracts London
The Council is seeking to procure an innovative private sector provider(s) to invest in, develop and provide a range of housing and estate services for its residential properties through strategic partnering arrangement(s) (the “Housing Services”).
- London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham
- Housing Services Contract(s) 2013-23
- The Council is seeking to procure an innovative private sector provider(s) to invest in, develop and provide a range of housing and estate services for its residential properties through strategic partnering arrangement(s) (the “Housing Services”). The Council representing its leaseholders, tenants, residents and Council’s Council-tax payers (both current and future) wishes to establish a contract or contracts to provide Housing Services (which incorporates both Housing Management and Estate Services). The contract(s) is proposed to commence in early 2013 for an initial ten (10) year term and, possibly, with an option to extend, at the Council’s discretion, by one period of a further five (5) years.
The Council is commencing this procurement as part of its overall Housing Revenue Account Medium Term Financial Strategy, a key part of which relates to how it seeks to procure its housing management and estate services. The Council has completed a formal market consultation following the issue of a Prior Information Notice to seek the views of the market. The information pack provided to attendees and a summary of questions asked are available from the London Tenders Portal.
The annual estimated value of services that are to be delivered under the Housing Services Contract(s) are detailed as follows:
— for the caretaking and cleaning to approx. 13,700 properties within the whole borough; 2,500,000 – 3,500,000 GBP,
— for the tenancy management of approx. 8,000 properties within part of the borough; 2,000,000 – 2,500,000 GBP,
— an optional addition to the contract for the provision of Anti-Social Behaviour service for the whole borough; 1,000,000 GBP – 1,500,000 GBP.
The Council wishes to establish the most efficient method of service delivery. In managing the delivery of services, the Council’s preference is for Estate Services to be let as a single boroughwide contract and for Housing Management to be let for the south half of the borough only. A package combining both would be acceptable if it added additional value. In terms of service delivery this comprises two key areas:-
1. Housing management encompassing:-
- tenancy management including reception services and lower level anti-social behaviour,
- option to include high level anti-social behaviour service.
2. Estate services encompassing:-
- caretaking services,
- sheltered housing cleaning services,
- specialist cleaning services.
The evaluation of all 3 Lots will then provide the Council with the basis to decide whether to award a contract for Lot 3 Combined, or to award two separate contracts for Lots 1 and 2.
The principal outputs of the Housing Services contract(s) will be to:-
- Deliver to specified performance and quality levels,
- Deliver social and community benefits for localism,
- Achieve sustainable efficiencies,
- Realise the benefits of an outcome-based model for the users of the Council’s services,
- Provide greater value for money and accountability for residents,
- Reduce revenue costs for delivery of the front-line services described in the Contract Notice,
- Deliver continuous improvement and innovation.
Below is a general description of the scope of works and services, which will include estate inspections and condition reporting, performance monitoring against key performance indicators; quality management and health and safety management.
Housing Management: elements of tenancy management including reception services and lower level anti-social behaviour management. Options will be required for the provision and management of higher level anti-social behaviour management. Economic Operators should note that this will not include income management functions.
Caretaking Services: cleaning activity to the communal areas of properties provided by the Council boroughwide (as well as properties provided by a 3rd party Registered Social Landlord), including towers, blocks, street properties and sheltered accommodation. This work will include cleaning tasks and tasks related to maintaining a safe environment such as snow clearance and gritting of estate pathways.
Sheltered Housing Cleaning Services: cleaning within the Council’s sheltered accommodation stock.
Specialist Cleaning Services: periodic deep cleaning of floors, graffiti removal in or on Council’s housing stock, some communal window cleaning and other cleaning tasks required to maintain the fabric of the buildings in a clean condition and to prolong the life of floorings and decoration cleaning and the application of specialist/protective coatings.
The Council may also wish to include by way of variation during the term of the contract(s) other services currently provided both in-house and through other contractors such as concierge services, sheltered housing management and neighbourhood wardens.
- Mr Charles Hyde
- Email Address:
- [email protected]
- 020 8753 1848
- Town Hall
- 29/06/2012 15:00
- 07/08/2012 03:00
- 120 (months)
- 60 (months)