Laboratory Refurbishment Contract Canterbury
This is an invitation to express an interest to carry out refurbishment works to adapt a current mothballed laboratory into an appropriate place of work.
Construction and Real Estate
Location of contract
Value of contract
£125k – £175k
22 November 2016
02 December 2016
Contract start date
13 March 2017
Contract end date
22 May 2017
This is an invitation to express an interest to carry out refurbishment works to adapt a current mothballed laboratory into an appropriate place of work. The overall requirements would include:
– Creation of a packing room to facilitate the taking and sending of samples for disease control.
– Provide modern office and meeting facilities for APHA staff based on-site to work out of.
– Create a shower facility for use by staff on-site.
– Create a comms room for the entire site within the lab building to replace the existing non-compliant cupboard in the main building.
– Provision of DDA toilet facilities on-site and compliant external hand rails.
– Additional office space for use by the Environment Agency.
– Replace all external doors to double glazed units.
– Replace heating boiler and lighting with new energy efficient products.
– External power and data connectivity to facilitate the use of the Canterbury site as a Disease Outbreak Forward Operating Base.
The DEFRA Environment Agency Rivers House location is at Sturry Road, Canterbury CT2 0AA.
About the buyer
Kings Meadow House, Kings Meadow Road
When submitting your Expression of Interest you would be requested to complete a Supplier Selection document. This must be returned before 02/12/16 at 14:00. Only the top scoring six suppliers from the selection stage information will pass through to the next stage, the Invitation To Tender. The Invitation To Tender will be sent on 12/12/2016 with a return deadline of 14:00, on 13/01/2017.The anticipated contract start date is 13/03/2017 and contract end date by 22/05/2017. Participating suppliers need to be able to deliver the project within these timescales, and an indicative programme will be requested. Any supplier wishing to take part must register on the Environment Agency’s e-tendering portal, Bravo https://defra.bravosolution.co.uk/web/login.html to express interest and download the supplier selection forms and requirements.
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided