London Borough of Barking and Dagenham Healthwatch Contract 2017
The aim of the service will be to give citizens and communities a stronger voice to influence and challenge how health and SC services are provided within their local area.
Location of contract
Value of contract
£1 – £480k
15 March 2017
06 April 2017
Contract start date
01 May 2017
Contract end date
30 April 2021
The London Boroughs of Barking and Dagenham (LBBD) have a requirement for an experienced organisation to provide the B&D Healthwatch service. The aim of the service will be to give citizens and communities a stronger voice to influence and challenge how health and SC services are provided within their local area.
The successful provider will provide a local Healthwatch for B&D that will fulfil the following criteria;
• Provide information and advice to the public about accessing health and social care services and choice in relation to those services.
• Make the views and experiences of people known to Healthwatch England helping it to carry out its role as national champion.
• Make recommendations to Healthwatch England to advise the Care Quality Commission to carry out special reviews or investigations into areas of concern.
• Promote and support the involvement of people in the monitoring, commissioning and provision of local health and social care services.
• Obtain the views of people about their needs for and experience of local health and social care services and make those views known to those involved in the commissioning and scrutiny of care services
• Make reports and make recommendations about how those services could or should be improved
HW B&D must have a physical presence in the borough, including an office based in the borough and will also make use of existing venues in the community for example libraries, children’s centres, youth centres, health centres, places of worship etc to ensure people from all geographical parts of the borough and sections of the community can access it
The Council is looking to award a two year contract starting 1st July 2017 with the option to extend for further 2 year on an annual basis . The maximum budget for the provision of the service over the 4 year contract period is £480,000 plus a one-off start-up cost of £10,000.
About the buyer
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided.