Managed IT Services Tender for Post Office
Post Office IT services – service integrator and service desk. As part of its organisational transformation and separation from Royal Mail Group (RMG), Post Office Limited (Post Office) intends to procure the full range of managed IT services supporting both its administrative and customer facing environments (e.g. branch, web).
UK-London: IT services: consulting, software development, Internet and support
Section I: Contracting authority
Post Office Limited
148 Old Street
Contact point(s): IT & Change Transformation Programme – IT Supplier Procurement
For the attention of: Peter Croft
EC1V 9HQ London
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.postoffice.co.uk
Electronic access to information: http://www.royalmailgroup.com/our-suppliers/contract-opportunities
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: http://www.royalmailgroup.com/our-suppliers/contract-opportunities
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 7: Computer and related services
NUTS code UK
The service integrator and service desk function will provide assurance and operational management of end-to-end IT services alongside providing first line support.
It will perform service management and service integration to combine and manage the technical services provided by the delivery tower contractors for the functions of workplace; Networks; and applications, infrastructure and data centres.
— The workplace function provides end user computing (EUC) services,
— The networks function provides IT networks services,
— The applications, infrastructure and data centres function provides the hardware, software and premises which support centralised hosted applications, the storage and processing capacity to support other applications or functions, and application development and maintenance services.
The service integrator function and the service desk function have been combined to ensure that a single provider will act as the first line of support and management for questions, incidents and problems, as well as having the end-to-end operational accountability for the delivery of each IT Service.
The Service Integrator and Service Desk function supplier may also be asked to offer resource augmentation to the Post Office IT & Change organisation to provide knowledgeable and skilled resources to support the delivery of transformation programmes and projects.
The initial period of contract is 48 months with effect from service commencement and with two options to extend the contract for a period of 12 months each.
72000000, 72100000, 72200000, 72220000, 72221000, 72223000, 72224000, 72225000, 72226000, 72227000, 72228000, 72246000, 72253000, 72253100, 72266000, 72300000, 72400000, 72500000, 72600000, 72800000, 79400000, 79510000, 64214200, 79620000
Range: between 20 000 000,00 and 100 000 000,00 GBP
Description of these options: The initial period of contract is 48 months with effect from service commencement and with two options to extend the contract for a period of 12 months each.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Please refer to the PQQ.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
Please refer to the PQQ.
Section IV: Procedure
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Please refer to the PQQ. The minimum and maximum figures relate to the number of operators who will be invited to participate in the dialogue stage.
Prior information notice
Notice number in the OJEU: 2012/S 058-094733 of 23.3.2012
Payable documents: no
Section VI: Complementary information
1. Expression of Interest (EOI) – please ensure that you submit an EOI promptly so that your details can be populated in the Royal Mail Group Electronic Sourcing system (E-Sourcing). This is a necessary first step in order for you to be able to respond to the PQQ.
2. To formally submit an EOI you must firstly download the Applicant Details Spreadsheet (Excel file) located on the Royal Mail Group Website at: http://www.royalmailgroup.com/our-suppliers/contract-opportunities
3. The Applicant Details Spreadsheet should be completed with the details of your organisation. The spreadsheet format should not be amended in any way. Mandatory information required to be added to the spreadsheet is: Organisation name; Contact Telephone Number for your organisation; First name of the person who will complete the PQQ; Surname of the person who will complete the PQQ; Contact number for the person who will complete the PQQ; Email address of the person who will complete the PQQ. Please also complete as much of the non-mandatory information as possible.
4. Following completion of your Applicant Details Spreadsheet, please email the spreadsheet to the contact detailed in Section I.1.
5. You will THEN be sent information on how to access the PQQ. The PQQ will be managed using the RMG Electronic Sourcing System (E-sourcing).
6. The PQQ is accessed via E-Sourcing. You will need to receive 2 emails in order to participate. Once you have submitted your completed Applicant Details Spreadsheet, you will be provided with your FIRST email (within 48 hours Monday – Friday) which is a log-on to E-Sourcing. These log-on details shall arrive via RMG@frictionless.com and headed Royal Mail Group RFX (please do not email this site unless instructed to do so). On receipt of your log-on information, you will then be sent a SECOND email (within 24 hours Monday to Friday) from RMG@frictionless.com or RMG, inviting you to participate in the PQQ ‘Post Office IT Services – service integrator and service desk’. It is at this point that you will be able to fully access the PQQ and start to complete it.
7. The PQQ will close as noted in IV.3.4.
Your log-on will not be activated until you are formally invited to participate, so please do not try to log-on BEFORE you are invited to do so, since your access will be denied.
Section III.2 – Requests to participate must be made by supplying all of the information which is set out in the PQQ.
This information must be supplied by the date and time specified in IV.3.4 above allowing sufficient time for the registration process to be completed.
The Contracting Authority may require suppliers to supplement or clarify the information submitted in the PQQ and may also undertake its own audit of the supplier to verify the information provided.
Any agreement entered into will be considered a contract made in England according to English law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Post Office is not liable for any costs incurred by those expressing an interest in tendering for this contract opportunity.
Post Office reserves the right to terminate the procurement process (or part of it), to change the basis of and the procedures for the procurement process at any time, or to procure the contract by alternative means if it appears that the contract can be more advantageously procured by alternative means.
The most economically advantageous or any tender will not automatically be accepted.
Any appeal in relation to this procurement should be addressed to the contact point at I.1 above