Management Consultancy Support North East Quality Observatory
Measuring Quality Improvement and Innovation,Investigating Variation,Improving Patient Experience, Improving Patient Safety, Healthcare Literature Reviews, Healthcare Research.
United Kingdom-Newcastle upon Tyne: Research and development services and related consultancy services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
St Nicholas Hospital, Jubilee Road, Gosforth
For the attention of: Gavin Thompson
NE3 3XT Newcastle upon Tyne
Telephone: +44 8448115522
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.ntw.nhs.uk/
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.mytenders.org/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA24228
Electronic access to information: www.mytenders.org
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.mytenders.org
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: yes
North East Quality Observatory (NEQOS)
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 11: Management consulting services  and related services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Newcastle Upon Tyne.
NUTS code UKC2
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.4)Information on framework agreement
maximum number of participants to the framework agreement envisaged: 50
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in years: 4
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The types of work that will be covered by the framework are likely to include (but will not be limited to):
— Measuring Quality Improvement & Innovation,
— Investigating Variation,
— Improving Patient Experience,
— Improving Patient Safety,
— Healthcare Literature Reviews,
— Healthcare Research,
— Benchmarking, Indicator Development,
— Data and Statistical Analysis,
— Assessment, Evaluation & Advisory,
— Development of tools, toolkits,
— Modelling & Simulation,
— Workshops, Training & Consultations,
NEQOS have a work programme that typically consists of up to 100 individual projects annually across a range of work streams. Each work stream requires specialist knowledge, skills and experience. Projects usually have the following four distinct roles.
— Project Direction and Facilitation (Project Director),
— Epidemiological support (Consultant Epidemiologist,
— Data Analyst (Project Supplier),
— Other supplier functions.
We are seeking individual consultants and companies with the capability of working successfully against the requirements described above. Unlike a conventional contract, the initial value of the framework agreement will be zero, but will carry the potential for subsequent business opportunities to be won. Further information is detailed within the Tender Document.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the myTenders Web Site athttp://www.myTenders.org/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=146309
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the Postbox facility. A user guide is available athttp://www.myTenders.org/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
73000000, 72221000, 79400000, 71600000, 72316000, 75112100
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
Tenders may be submitted for one or more lots
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: The Initial contract term will be 24 months, with the option to extend for up to a further 24 months.
II.2.3)Information about renewals
Information about lots
Lot No: 1Lot title: Consultancy support to the North East Quality Observatory
2)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
73000000, 72221000, 79400000, 71600000, 72316000, 75112100
3)Quantity or scope
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
In accordance with article 47 of Directive 2004/18/EC and Regulation 24 of the Public Contracts Regulations 2006.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Section VI: Complementary information
Any resulting contract will be considered as a contract made in England according to English Law and subject to the exclusive juridiction of the English Courts. All discussions will be in English.
The Trust does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any tender and reserves the right to cancel this award procedure at any time.
The Contract Award Criteria will be provided in the invitation to tender.
The Trust shall not be liable for any costs incurred by those expressing interest in or tendering for this opportunity.
The successful tenderer will be required to give an undertaking that it will comply with all UK and EC legislation, standard and applicable guidance.
All dates detailed in this Contract Notice are approximate and are subject to change. Use of variants and lots are at the Contracting Authority’s absolute discretion and whether these options will be pursued will be detailed by the Contracting Authority in due course
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: