Merchant Services Tender
The provision of Merchant Services for processing, authorisation and settlement of the University’s debit and credit transactions.
United Kingdom-St Andrews: Financial transaction processing and clearing-house services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
University of St Andrews
The Old Burgh School, Abbey Walk
Contact point(s): Procurement
For the attention of: Adrian Wood
KY16 9LB St Andrews
Telephone: +44 1334462523
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/procurement
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/media/procurement/buyer-profile.pdf
Electronic access to information: https://in-tendhost.co.uk/universityofstandrews
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: https://in-tendhost.co.uk/universityofstandrews
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 6: Financial services a) Insurances services b) Banking and investment services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: UK-St Andrews.
NUTS code UKM22
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
Please also see ITT.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=431092
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
The University is seeking to develop efficient and cost-effective merchant service arrangements which will be capable of meeting future market and technological changes, and which will meet, and often exceed user expectations.
It is important that any potential acquiring partner can add value through an effective dedicated corporate support team backed up by a proactive education sector specialist Relationship Manager.
Contract to commence July 2016.
Please also see ITT.
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: Please see ITT.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(2) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening of tenders
Date: 22.3.2016 – 12:00
University of St Andrews — Procurement
Persons authorised to be present at the opening of tenders: yes
Additional information about authorised persons and opening procedure: Appointed Procurement Staff.
Section VI: Complementary information
All tenders for the University of St Andrews are administered through our e-Tendering system (In-Tend). To express an interest please go to our tender web-site at: https://in-tendhost.co.uk/universityofstandrews
Please note that ‘Notes of Interest’ placed via PCS (Public Contracts Scotland) are not automatically accepted.
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: