Northamptonshire County Council Grounds Maintenance Contract
Agriculture and Food
Location of contract
Value of contract
25 April 2017
19 May 2017
Contract start date
05 June 2017
Contract end date
05 June 2018
The Waste Operations Team is looking for quotations for Grounds Maintenance Services at its x9 closed landfill sites located across Northamptonshire. Each landfill site has above ground assets consisting of monitoring boreholes, leachate & gas extraction wells and other plant and equipment. The size of the sites range from 2 acres to 13 hectares and predominantly consists of rough grassland bordered by hedges, trees and bramble scrub.
Further information about the locations of the sites and their characteristics are provided within the appendices at the end of this document.
Tasks to include:
A. Routine work:
1. Strimming around monitoring points and other assets
2. Mowing large areas of rough pasture
3. Mowing paths through the rough pasture
4. Cutting back of woody shrubs, hedges and tree branches along internal access roads and perimeter fencing
5. Strimming back of areas of brush/bramble
B. Ad-hoc work (examples below)
6. Repair or replacement of metal or timber fencing
7. Repair or replacement of metal or timber gates
8. Repair, replacement or installation of timber stiles
9. Laying of small areas of hardcore/quarry scalpings surfacing
10. Litter picking
The frequency of the work will be mostly weather dependant but is predicted, based on previous years that each site will need to be visited for routine maintenance at least twice during the months between late spring and early autumn. To give an indication, in recent years routine visits have been undertaken in May and August, to coincide with the quarterly environmental monitoring undertaken in June and September. Please note that there are no guarantees as to how many visits will be required by the Council and call offs will be made as and when required.
About the buyer
Conference Room, Trading Standards
Wootton Hall Park
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided.