Oracle Support Services Tender
The University wishes to procure external managed services for functional and technical support for their Oracle E-Business Suite application and a fully managed service for the underlying supporting Database.
United Kingdom-Edinburgh: IT services: consulting, software development, Internet and support
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Heriot Watt University
Procurement Services, Riccarton
Contact point(s): Procurement Services
For the attention of: Tony Newjem, Chief Procurement Officer
EH14 4AS Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 1314513702
Fax: +44 1314513119
General address of the contracting authority: http://intranet.hw.ac.uk/ps/gls/procurement/Pages/default.aspx
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00307
Electronic access to information: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 7: Computer and related services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Heriot-Watt University Edinburgh Campus, Riccarton, Edinburgh EH14 4AS.
NUTS code UKM25
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The University wishes to procure external managed services for functional and technical support for their Oracle E-Business Suite application and a fully managed service for the underlying supporting Database. The University also wishes to engage technical support and services for Oracle products which although not part of E-Business Suite are used across the University for other business systems, and possibly also operating-system management (currently Red Hat Linux).
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=330120
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the Postbox facility. A user guide is available athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Support for major patch and version upgrades/future migration path.
Oracle eBusiness Suite Functional and Technical Support: Level 1 (first-line help desk) support (optional), i.e. all End User Support Requests (See Appendix 4 for details).
Data Centre Hosting — this is something that might be considered during the lifetime of this contract, either centrally or as part of a collaborative shared service with other institutions.
Oracle Cloud — the University may wish to consider moving to an OPEX model for its Oracle E-Business Suite and other Oracle systems during the lifetime of this contract.
The University requires as a minimum an 8:00 to 18:00 (Weekdays) Support Service, but to include options to extend this to cover Dubai and Malaysian operation times and days.
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: We anticipate a contract term of at least 5 years comprising an initial 3-year term plus optional 1-year extensions, subject to the mutual agreement of the contracting entities, and with a 6-month notice of termination (in addition to termination for breach) available to the University after the Initial Period.
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 36 (from the award of the contract)
II.2.3)Information about renewals
Number of possible renewals: Range: between 1 and 4
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years;
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(3) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided;
(4) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures;
(5) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract;
(6) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
Candidates are required to provide details of what if any levels of accreditation they currently have with Oracle Corporation for support and development of Oracle products.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
Prior information notice
Notice number in the OJEU: 2014/S 168-299251 of 3.9.2014
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening of tenders
Date: 26.1.2015 – 13:00
Procurement Services, Heriot-Watt University.
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: