Organic Waste Treatment Services Contract Hengoed
Long term environmentally and economically sustainable solution for processing all Food Waste via Anaerobic Digestion and Garden Waste via Windrow Composting.
United Kingdom-Hengoed: Refuse disposal and treatment
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name and addresses
Penallta House, Tredomen Park, Ystrad Mynach
Contact person: Chris Davidge
Telephone: +44 1443863063
Fax: +44 1443863167
NUTS code: UKL16
Internet address(es):Main address: www.caerphilly.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.sell2wales.gov.wales/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA0272
I.4)Type of the contracting authority
Section II: Object
Organic Waste Treatment Services Contract.
II.1.2)Main CPV code
II.1.3)Type of contract
The Council has a service requirement to deliver a long term environmentally and economically sustainable solution for processing all Food Waste via Anaerobic Digestion (AD) and Garden Waste via Windrow Composting. Potential Bidders should note that the Council also collects small quantities of Co-Mingled Waste with a preferred method of treatment via In-vessel Composting (IVC) and as a contingency for Collection Vehicle(s) breakdown(s) whereby Kerbside Food Waste and Garden Waste has been Co-Mingled. The Council anticipates that the Contract will be for a period of 15 years commencing from 1.4.2018 to 31.3.2033 with an option to extend for an additional 60 months in periods to be mutually agreed by the Council and the Contractor.
II.1.5)Estimated total value
II.1.6)Information about lots
II.2.2)Additional CPV code(s)
II.2.3)Place of performance
Caerphilly County Borough.
II.2.4)Description of the procurement:
The Council requires a suitably qualified and experienced Contractor to receive and process all Contract Waste. The Council does not bind itself to deliver any minimum or fixed quantity of Contract Waste. However for information purposes, and to assist Contractors in establishing Tender rates, the Council are currently (2016/17) handling approximately 8 000 tonnes of Food Waste, approximately 8 000 tonnes of Garden Waste and 200 tonnes of co-mingled Food Waste and Garden Waste. The Council would require the Contractor to provide capacity for this Contract in accordance with the estimate tonnages provided so that the space is reserved in accordance with the Waste tonnage profiles provided in the performance specification. The Contractor will be required to provide the Services as set out in this ITT and meet the 98 % Recycling Rate, accept contaminants up to the Maximum Allowable Limit of at least 2 % Contamination by weight with a 100 % Diversion from Landfill requirement. Recycling is as defined in The Recycling, Preparation for Re-use and Composting Targets (Definitions) (Wales) Order 2011 no 551 (W.77) and ‘Recycled’ shall be construed accordingly. Further information on the performance specification requirements are set out within the Invitation to Tender.
II.2.7)Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
Option to extend for an additional 60 months in periods to be mutually agreed by the Council and the Contractor.
II.2.9)Information about the limits on the number of candidates to be invited
II.2.10)Information about variants
II.2.11)Information about options
II.2.13)Information about European Union funds
The Council will be conducting the procurement process in accordance with Regulation 29 (Competitive Procedure with Negotiation) of the Public Contract Regulations.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Suitability to pursue the professional activity, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Suitability criteria as stated within the procurement documents.
III.1.2)Economic and financial standing
III.1.3)Technical and professional ability
III.2.1)Information about a particular profession
Selection criteria as stated in the procurement documents.
III.2.2)Contract performance conditions:
The successful Contractor will be required to deliver Community Benefits in support of the Council economic, environmental and social objectives. Accordingly, contract performance conditions may relate in particular to social and environmental considerations.
III.2.3)Information about staff responsible for the performance of the contract
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.4)Information about reduction of the number of solutions or tenders during negotiation or dialogue
IV.1.5)Information about negotiation
IV.1.8)Information about the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
IV.2.1)Previous publication concerning this procedure
IV.2.2)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.2.3)Estimated date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.2.4)Languages in which tenders or requests to participate may be submitted:
IV.2.6)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
The Council anticipates that the Contract will be for a period of 15 years commencing from 1.4.2018 to 31.3.2033 with an option to extend for an additional 60 months in periods to be mutually agreed by the Council and the Contractor.
VI.2)Information about electronic workflows
Tenderers must express interest in this tender by completing the following:
1. Log in to the Proactis Supplier Portal at https://supplierlive.proactisp2p.com/Account/Login
2. Click the ‘Sign Up’ option on the Portal homepage (If already registered go to point 11).
3. Enter your correct Organisation Name, Details and Primary Contact Details.
4. Please make a note of the Organisation ID and User Name, then click ‘Register’.
5. You will receive an email from the system asking you to follow a link to activate your account.
6. Please enter the information requested, clicking on the blue arrow to move on to the next stage and follow the instructions ensuring that you enter all applicable details.
7. In the Classification section please ensure that you select the Product Classification Codes (CPV Codes) that appear in the tender notice, it is essential that only CPV Codes specific to your organisation are added to your profile.
8. Buyer Selection. At this stage you are required to indicate which Buyer Organisations you would like to register with. Please remember to register with Caerphilly to ensures that you will be alerted to all relevant opportunities.
9. Terms & Conditions. Read the T&Cs of the use of this Supplier Portal and tick the box to denote you have read and understood the terms and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree you cannot complete the registration process.
Once you have agreed click on the blue arrow to move on to the next stage.
10. Insert a password for the admin user and repeat it. The password MUST be between 6 and 50 characters in length. It must contain at least 2 number(s). Once completed select ‘Complete Registration’ and you will enter the Supplier Home page.
11. From the Home Page, go to the ‘Opportunities’ icon, all current opportunities will be listed. Click on the blue arrow under the field ‘Show Me’ of the relevant opportunity then click to register your interest on the applicable button.
12. Refresh your screen by clicking on the opportunities icon located on the left hand side, to view the opportunity click the blue arrow.
13. Note the closing date for completion of the relevant project. To find all available documentation please dropdown the ‘Request Documents’ option and click to download all documents.
14. You can now either complete your response or ‘Decline’ this opportunity.
All queries to be made via the messaging system on the Proactis portal. Please note we will not accept any questions/queries via telephone/email.
Supplier guides are available via the portal and this contract notice detailing how to use the eTender system including for how to register on the e-tender portal.
If you require assistance please contact Natasha Ford 01443 863075 — email@example.com or the procurement team 01443 863161. Procurement Clinics are available should you require further assistance when completing and submitting your tender.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Sell2Wales Web Site at http://www.sell2wales.gov.wales/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=71073
Under the terms of this contract the successful supplier(s) will be required to deliver Community Benefits in support of the authority’s economic and social objectives. Accordingly, contract performance conditions may relate in particular to social and environmental considerations. The Community Benefits included in this contract are:
Tenderers will be required to submit a Community Benefits Plan as per Method Statement 5: Community Benefits of the award criteria section of the ITT. Community Benefits for this arrangement are non-core and as such the Community Benefit Plans submitted in the Tender process will not be scored as part of the Council’s Tender evaluation. However a response must be provided in order for the Tender submission to be considered further.
The buyer considers that this contract is suitable for consortia.
Penallta House, Tredomen Park, Ystrad Mynach
Telephone: +44 1443863161
Fax: +44 1443863167Internet address:www.caerphilly.gov.uk
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: