Payroll for Direct Payments
- The aim of the Service is to enable the Service Users, in the eligible care groups, to have the opportunity to make informed choices about how their care needs are met, and to have access to the choices that Direct Payments bring.
- London Borough of Bromley
- Payroll for Direct Payments
- The London Borough of Bromley (“the Council”) is inviting tenders for the provision of a Payroll Service for Direct Payments
Direct Payments allow day-to-day control of money and care packages to pass to the Service User who has the strongest incentive and is best placed to judge how to match available resources to their own needs. The aim of the Service is to enable the Service Users, in the eligible care groups, to have the opportunity to make informed choices about how their care needs are met, and to have access to the choices that Direct Payments bring.
The client groups supported under this Contract include:
– Adults with disabilities or chronic ill health, aged 18 and over
– Adults with learning disabilities
– Adults with mental health issues
– Older People
– Children with disabilities aged 16 and 17
– A person with parental responsibility for a disabled child up to 18
– A client assessed as requiring community support services or support services under the children Act 1989.
In providing a Direct Payments Payroll Service, the Council seeks to achieve the above aims and values through provision of:
a) An independent, payroll service to people from all Service User groups that are eligible to use Bromley’s Direct Payments Scheme
b) A Service that will include support to people who are directly employing their own personal assistants to enable to them to live independently, and to those who are paying another organisation or agency to do so on their behalf
c) Support to enable Service Users to exercise freedom of choice
This current service is managed in two ways, these are noted below:
1) The basic level service – Users submit signed time sheets and the Provider calculates pay information and forwards this to users to make payments.
2) In addition to undertaking the payroll calculations the Provider also provides a holding account service to hold monies on behalf of less able Direct Payment users. In this instance the Provider makes the payment on behalf of the service user.
- Ms Joanne Harris
- Email Address:
- 020 8461 7530
- Bromley Civic Centre
- 09/01/2013 12:00
- 01/02/2013 12:00
- 24 (months)
- 24 (months)