Pension Administrator for Royal Mail Pension Scheme
1. On its transfer to the public sector in April 12, the RMSPS pension administration services remained with the Royal Mail’s own Pensions Service Centre to ensure continuity for the scheme and members. To comply with procurement regulations, we now need to procure a new contract through open competition. Supplier Engagement Day February 2015 details below.
United Kingdom-London: Pension services
Prior information notice
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
The Cabinet Office
1 Horse Guards Road
Contact point(s): Agent (for the purpose of this procurement only): Crown Commercial Service, 9th Floor, The Capital, Old Hall Street, Liverpool, L3 9PP
SW1A 2HQ London
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II.B: Object of the contract (Supplies or services)
II.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.2)Type of contract and place of delivery or of performance
NUTS code UK
II.3)Information on framework agreement
II.4)Short description of nature and quantity or value of supplies or services:
2. Although the RMSPS and its successor, the Royal Mail Pension Plan (RMPP) have their own specific requirements for their own members, they are linked through legislation and there is a commitment for both to deliver a ‘seamless service’ to members delivered through the same pension administrator.
3. Members who have benefits or payments from both RMSPS and RMPP deal with one pension administrator who has access to the relevant information to service the members’ needs.
4. In order to maintain the ‘seamless service’ for all members, the RMSPS and RMPP are joining together to procure the services of one pension administrator. To reflect the fact that both are separate legal entities, this will result in the pension administrator having a contract with each to deliver services for RMSPS and RMPP and integrated service where necessary.
5. As the RMSPS is a closed scheme, the services it requires are for its deferred members and pensioners. The RMPP is the pension plan for employees of Royal Mail and the Post Office and as it is only 2 years old, the majority of members are active or deferred.
6. The RMSPS and RMPP already work collaboratively to ensure the ‘seamless service’ to members and the successful pension administrator will be expected to also work in a collaborative manner to ensure the successful delivery.
7. TUPE may apply in this case, potentially involving a transfer of staff. Further information will be available at the Supplier Engagement Day.
8. It is expected that the contract will be awarded for 7 + 3 years.
This contract is divided into lots: no
II.5)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about European Union funds
It will also give the RMSPS and RMPP the opportunity to ask bidders questions which will inform the procurement strategy and requirements.
Bidders can find relevant information on the RMSPS and RMPP and the latest Annual Accounts and Annual Reports for both at:
If you wish to express an interest to attend, please email email@example.com no later than Monday 2.2.2015. In expressing an interest, please provide your full name, that of any additional attendee, and your organisation’s name.
Potential providers will be limited to a maximum of two named individuals being able to attend the event.
It should be noted that it is the expectation that 2 contracts will be awarded from this Procurement Activity. One contract will be awarded by the Cabinet Office for the administration of the Royal Mail Statutory Pension Scheme (RMSPS). The second contract will be awarded by Royal Mail Pensions Trustees Limited for the administration of the Royal Mail Pension Plan (RMPP). The estimated value for both contracts is expected to be GBP 100 000 000.
VI.3)Information on general regulatory framework
Relevant governmental Internet sites where information can be obtained
Tax legislation http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/thelibrary/legislation.htm
Environmental protection legislation http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1990/43/contents
Employment protection and working conditions http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/index.htm
VI.4)Date of dispatch of this notice: